PDA

View Full Version : Blue grosbeak in habitat

Grace Scalzo
05-18-2008, 09:07 PM
Another from my trip to Bombay Hook, Delaware. This bird was foraging in a field. He would hop down into the field and find things to eat then perch on these dead stalks and eat them. Lots of habitat here, and ideally the one leaf would not cover any of his tail, but that's the way it was. (I told him to move up the stick a bit, but he ignored me. )

Thanks for looking and for your comments.

1/640, f6.3, ISO400
1Dmk2n, 500 + 1.4tc + blubb from car

Axel Hildebrandt
05-18-2008, 09:37 PM
Great setting, soft light and eye contact. Even moving a bit higher probably wouldn't have helped much with the leaf in the foreground.

Alfred Forns
05-19-2008, 07:31 AM
Hi Grace I like the soft feel and colors in the image. Would love to see the bird higher up in the perch. More to the UL corner. I like this a lot !!!

Fabs Forns
05-19-2008, 02:31 PM
Sweet habitat image, Grace, I like it a lot as presented. Nice background and colors.

Judy Lynn Malloch
05-19-2008, 03:20 PM
Very lovely image and excellent exposure and detail as well as a very pleasing composition. I would love to see this species one day. Thanks for sharing

Steve Canuel
05-20-2008, 12:42 AM
The brightness of the leaf's underside is more of a problem to me than the leaf itself (but a minor one at that). I like how it seems he's climbed to the top of this "tree" to take a look above the "canopy". Nice pleasing colors.
Steve

Grace Scalzo
05-20-2008, 08:24 AM
Thanks, everyone. This was my target species for that little trip, and while I got a couple, I hope to go back again and photograph them some more, but for now, I'm happy. Steve, great eye...thanks for noting the brightness..I think that will minimize what is bothering me about this image.