PDA

View Full Version : honeysuckle

Ron Conlon
05-31-2014, 05:55 PM
Honeysuckle from my backyard. Doing much better this year after it got some fertilizer last year. Not entirely happy with the repaired leaf edge at bottom where I removed the prop for the vine.

Shot it a box with background and remote flash, tripod, D5100 200mm 1/200s f/18 ISO100/

John Robinson
05-31-2014, 06:08 PM
Hi Ron
Just come on line
Like it !- but I love black BGs See what you mean about the leaf. Thought about taking it out and just have the round leaf ??>Just a thought.
Good stuff anyway. Pity this forum wouldn't liven up a bit. So much scope out there - especially for folks like me that willnever get to Lion Town
Cheers
John

Ron Conlon
05-31-2014, 07:04 PM
Best you not go to Lion Town, John, you might chuck a rock through the one-way glass of the air-conditioned hide.
I do have a crop like you suggest (instagram forces one into square crops) and it does look good. Perhaps the peer pressure got to me.
There is a tremendous amount of beauty around us a walk or bike ride distant everyday--your photos exemplify that. I am still discovering spots within blocks of me despite having lived in the same place for 20 years: and I haven't yet begun to scoop things out of the ponds or streams like you and Steve.

Thanks for your comment and for keeping things lively.

Jonathan Ashton
06-02-2014, 04:21 AM
I like the colours and the composition, the black background works for me (this time!). The DOF on the flower head looks good. The leaf as you mention it - yes I agree but I think if you had not mentioned it most people would have glazed over it.

BenBotha
06-03-2014, 04:04 AM
The leaf does not bother me. I like the way you handled the light.
Ben