PDA

View Full Version : One morning in Thailand

Kaushik Balakumar
05-31-2014, 04:04 PM
The beams filtered through the hills were marvelous to look at. This image does no justice to how it actually looked to naked eye.
Was made in Krabi (Thailand) in 2010.

Nikon D300 + 18-105mm kit
Sorry, have no exposure details as of now.

All thoughts/comments welcome...

Don Railton
06-01-2014, 07:27 AM
Hi Kaushik. A marvellous setting for sure...! Nice composition, I like the nice shoreline lead to the boats, plenty of interest there, and the beams are wonderful. For improvements, I think you could consider masking out the hillside and improve the beams a little more with a little bit of contrast.

Don

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Diane Miller
06-01-2014, 05:33 PM
If you are processing in LR/ACR, the Clarity slider can work wonders for things like bringing out the beams, and then in PS Nik's Detail Extractor and Tonal Contrast can help further, but they can get heavy-handed if you go too far. Then you would want to mask out the lower area where they would probably do too much.

Tobie Schalkwyk
06-01-2014, 11:56 PM
Nice - brings back a lot of memories! Good advice from the others. Somehow I'd like to see this in color...:w3

Kaushik Balakumar
06-02-2014, 05:38 AM
Thanks for all the inputs. I'll reprocess if I find the original (I'm afraid I might have lost it)...

@Tobie: this is a 4-year old image; not sure if I can find the original file. Will look for it and post the colour version if I find it :)

Andrew McLachlan
06-03-2014, 07:52 PM
A very nicely composed scene and agree it would be nice to have more definition in the beams. Keep in mind you can open the TIFF in ACR and try tweaking with the Clarity slider if you cannot find the original.

Dvir Barkay
06-03-2014, 10:47 PM
Really nice shot, love the mood. Agree with the others that the beams can be made stronger. Still a fine shot!

Morkel Erasmus
06-08-2014, 02:07 PM
Lovely mood and mono presentation, Kaushik. I won't add more to the comments above (Which I mostly agree with), except that I can see that it needs a very slight CW rotation?

Arthur Morris
06-20-2014, 08:00 PM
A bit more pop helps but still no detail in the rays. Good luck finding the ORIG :). If you keep the file #s intact that is easy to do. Just search for it off the Start menu....