PDA

View Full Version : Brown but beautiful

John Robinson
05-29-2014, 02:56 PM
After some of the exotic stuff on here she looks a bit dull I suppose. Still an attractive bird though and not easy at the pools. Very nervous. This was about the last one before my woodland pool flooded out and the hide again last week.
D7100
Nikor70-300 f4
800 ISO
125th @f9

70% of frame
Neat image / curves Paint Shop Pro.
Thanks for previous comments
Cheers
JohnR

Diane Miller
05-29-2014, 03:59 PM
The birds you trap in your pool always look exotic to me, this one no exception. Sharp, great detail, and I love the berry vines -- blackberries? You make me want to build a pool but I'm not sure anything inland around here knows about water.

John Robinson
05-29-2014, 04:05 PM
Thanks Diane.
Build a pool !
I could do one for you in half an hour. All birds drink (Well most ) Once they feel safe there they will use it even though there is water all around. You need some small, bushes etc around for some escape cover. Find a spot as far away from permanent water as you can.
If you need any help drop me a PM
Cheers
John
Thanks

David Kenny
05-29-2014, 05:39 PM
I would of never known this was man made. Looks like part of a stream in the woods. I personally like environmental shots.

John Robinson
05-29-2014, 06:01 PM
Thanks
David
Although its "man made " it is actually part of a woodland stream !!
Cheers
JohnR

Ian Wilson
05-29-2014, 06:47 PM
Hi John, I never imagined a female Blackbird could be made to look so good. You probably know they are feral here and viewed with contempt but I must confess to taking some portrait shots of a handsome male at one of my bird baths. Lovely green reflection off the water reminiscent of one of your earlier posts. Great control over the depth of field, I could go on... it looks perfect. Congratulations. Ian

William Dickson
05-30-2014, 01:21 AM
Very nice John. Great detail on the blackbird. Would make a great British Bird calendar image :S3: Well done

christopher galeski
05-30-2014, 03:27 AM
nice shot,like the pose,nice light and detail.

Binu John
05-30-2014, 11:37 AM
Nice shot with a lot of feather details! I like the pose, HA and light! TFS

John Rowell
05-30-2014, 05:01 PM
Really, really nice details in this bird. You've pulled the colors out of him just great. It's getting scary, I'm actually recognizing that pool now! Great investment on your part, you're reaping excellent rewards. Nicely done.

John Robinson
05-30-2014, 05:25 PM
Thanks all
I think the pools has nearly run its course now. After last weeks floods again which nearly washed the hide away, I seem to have lost a bit of interest. The leaves are about full now too so the light is bad. Theres not much left to do now really. I have a pair of swallowsin a shed in the garden and the little owls and sand martins are back so I may spend more time with them. Thanks all for your interest
Theres still one or two left to get through. Or maybe I'll build a Bencey type hide with heating etc.
I don't think so.!!
Cheers
JohnR

Diane Miller
05-30-2014, 05:45 PM
I'd be sad to see that nature has taken its toll on your pools and hide. Hope you'll regroup to be able to capture some equally lovely subjects!

You could build a hide with a pint on tap, to help pass all the waiting time. Or do you call it on draught? I'm not properly versed in the mother tongue -- just out bastardized version over here in the escaped colonies.

John Robinson
05-30-2014, 06:10 PM
Diane
Thanks
All that blackberry (yes it was !) that you liked has gone and will probably be ten miles away in the river Severn by now. The only good thing I suppose is that I have to re -arange things again so at least all the shots don't look exactly the same. You may have inspired me !!!
Cheers
JohnR

Diane Miller
05-30-2014, 06:54 PM
If your blackberry is anything like ours, it will grow back. Look forward to seeing your next studio setup!

Satish Ranadive
05-31-2014, 08:11 AM
Magnificent image. Great pool you have got, appreciate and respect your skills photographing these beautiful birds.
This one looks like similar to our Indian Black bird.

Regards,
Satish.

Kaido Rummel
06-03-2014, 03:12 AM
I love the photos with some environment in it. Great pose and detail, thanks.