PDA

View Full Version : Theme - Abstract Flower

Mark Fuge
05-28-2014, 05:52 PM
This image was taken a few years ago, at the local Butterfly House, which unfortunately has recently been closed. T

he process includedremoval of the BG and the following applications; DAP Realism, Topaz Lens Effects, Topaz Simplify Watercolor, Topaz Simplify Oil Paint, Topaz B&W Conversion (Created overlay layer with reduced opacity and transparency), Photoshop Oil Paint, Photoshop Dry Brush, Photoshop Polar Coordinates, and Photoshop Radial Blur.

I purposely did a tight crop for this image, due to the radial blur effect and to conform to the weekly theme, to bend the rule of thirds.

Dennis Bishop
05-28-2014, 07:51 PM
I really like this. The zoom effect draws me in, and the curves of the petals and the leaf set up an oval that keeps my attention in the image. Great colors, too, and the frame works very nicely with the rest of the image.

Nancy Bell
05-29-2014, 12:46 PM
Wonderful effect of what feels like the sun shining gloriously behind and through the flower! Great variations of yellows in the zoom lines and then the addition of the deeper oranges of the flower that grabs your eye. Very creative and well composed!

Anita Bower
06-01-2014, 06:55 AM
My favorite part is that curving leaf--graceful. Overall, this image doesn't work for me. Perhaps if the radial effect were less pronounced, or emanated from behind the flower?

Kerry Perkins
06-01-2014, 02:06 PM
Hi Mark, I like the colors and tones and the rays emanating from the center of the image. The large leaf in the lower right corner does a great job of anchoring the image in the frame.

Mark Fuge
06-05-2014, 09:54 PM
Thanks all for viewing and comments. Appreciate it. The total transparency effect was interesting and will prove more so in the future, I think. I haven't tried that before. But that is what this is all about! :e3