PDA

View Full Version : Coot feeding chick II

Binu John
05-27-2014, 03:03 AM
1DX + 400mm f/5.6
1/3200, f/8, ISO 800

John Robinson
05-27-2014, 05:07 AM
Tight crop has worked well in this one for me and the low angle too. Love the droplets
JohnR

Daniel Cadieux
05-27-2014, 05:28 AM
Wow, this shows you can have two perfect head angles for this type of scene! Love the interaction, the flying drops, and the great job with the exposure and details. If anything I'd tone down or remove the pale blue line touching the adult coot's neck but otherwise this just rocks!

David Salem
05-27-2014, 08:30 AM
I like this one much better than the first one. Perfect HAs, nice low shooting angle, killer exposure and detail along with the water drops makes this one a real keeper. Well done Binu.

Karl Egressy
05-27-2014, 12:20 PM
Beautiful low angle interaction shooting, Binu.

Joe Murphy
05-27-2014, 05:00 PM
A cracking shot Binu, light, details & POV look great, love the droplets too.

Diane Miller
05-27-2014, 05:18 PM
I must have seen a million adults but I've never seen a cootlet before -- very nice!!

Ian Wilson
05-27-2014, 07:25 PM
A lot of well deserved feedback Binu. I also like this one better than the previous post and I agree with Daniel that the pale blue line could go. Excellent work.

gail bisson
05-27-2014, 07:42 PM
I love the light and the droplets. Perfect HA and love the green salad. IQ awesome as per your usual standard.
I find myself wishing to see a bit more of the adult in this image. I am not sure why because i felt OK with the last image composition. It just feels a bit off balance to me.
gail
PS Agree about the blue line.

Loi Nguyen
05-27-2014, 07:47 PM
Hi Binu, very lovely image and good exposure and HA as already mentioned. I'm with Gail wishing o see more of the adult. If you have it, would also like to see more room all around. Loi

Binu John
05-28-2014, 01:59 AM
Thanks everyone for the feedback!

Thanks Daniel! I've cloned out that blue line.

Wow, this shows you can have two perfect head angles for this type of scene! Love the interaction, the flying drops, and the great job with the exposure and details. If anything I'd tone down or remove the pale blue line touching the adult coot's neck but otherwise this just rocks!

Binu John
05-28-2014, 02:11 AM
Gail, Loi; Thanks for the suggestions! I couldn't capture the full view of the adult in the original frame and decided to go for this tight crop. But as you suggested, I can include a bit more of the adult to improve the composition.

I love the light and the droplets. Perfect HA and love the green salad. IQ awesome as per your usual standard.
I find myself wishing to see a bit more of the adult in this image. I am not sure why because i felt OK with the last image composition. It just feels a bit off balance to me.
gail
PS Agree about the blue line.

Hi Binu, very lovely image and good exposure and HA as already mentioned. I'm with Gail wishing o see more of the adult. If you have it, would also like to see more room all around. Loi

christopher galeski
05-28-2014, 02:26 AM
its all been said,great interaction image,well done.

Stu Bowie
05-28-2014, 11:24 AM
Hi Binu, exquisite light and IQ, and love the feeding behaviour between parent and chick. Overall, well exposed on both coots, and love the colour of the BG. The flying droplets add to the image, and your repost has worked out well.

Satish Ranadive
05-29-2014, 02:44 AM
Absolutely superb image, Binu.
Very nicely exposed. I like the HA of both, beautiful color, details,flying water droplets and lovely composition.

Regards,
Satish.