PDA

View Full Version : Theme: wall motif

Nancy Bell
05-26-2014, 06:26 PM
This is a wall motif I photographed on one of the buildings in Bhutan. They decorate their buildings with many symbols and murals. Some of the murals were so complex it was amazing. I changed the bkgd to black and saturated the colors. On the bkdg I used a reduced opacity layer of fractalius. Used Pixel Bender, oil paint on the motif.

Cheryl Slechta
05-26-2014, 07:25 PM
Hi, Nancy, what a beautiful design. Changing the background to black really makes the motif pop. The background looks like it has some Fractalius on it.:S3:

Judy Howle
05-27-2014, 11:28 PM
I really like the design of the motif and love what you did with the background. Excellent use of Pixel Bender, just the right amount. I like PB a LOT better than the new Oil Paint filter.

Kerry Perkins
05-28-2014, 05:24 PM
Very cool Nancy, good eye to see the potential there. The Oil Paint treatment is really nice, it's easy to overdo that effect. The fract work on the bg is just right too. I agree with Judy on the original PB oil paint, I like it a lot better and Pixel Bender is the reason I still have CS5 on my computer!

Nancy Bell
05-29-2014, 10:47 AM
Thanks everyone! I like the control that can be had with Pixel Bender. It looks like CS6 oil paint is very thick and heavy, but since I don't have it I have never tried to work with it.

Anita Bower
05-31-2014, 04:57 PM
Fascinating! My eye goes right to the colorful circle and explores the complex design. Excellent work on the B&W part. I wonder what it would look like with a square crop--which might emphasize the circle.

Nancy Bell
06-01-2014, 01:25 PM
Anita, always appreciate your ideas! Thanks.