PDA

View Full Version : Vermillion Cliffs

Dvir Barkay
05-26-2014, 12:02 AM

A Blend of two shots, taken about a minute apart, one for the car trail, the other for the lightning. Kind of an experiment shot really. I did like way the car trail circles into the scene and gets to the mountain with the lightning. This is at bit East of the Vermillion Cliffs wilderness area.

Sony A100, Sony 16-50/2.8, F/8, Tripod, 30 seconds, Jpegs (yeah back when I shot with those), 2012

Tobie Schalkwyk
05-26-2014, 02:28 AM
Nice, Dvir! I like the red cast on the mountain side (probably caused by the lights from below?). Nice red light streaks too. The lightning is the cherry on the cake!

Dvir Barkay
05-27-2014, 02:41 AM
Well I think that the long exposure brought the colors out, it wasn't night yet, more like dusk, so there was still some light out, just not from the cloud/storm side. The rocks there are very red, like Vermillion, so even a little light really brings that nice dark red out.

Kaushik Balakumar
05-31-2014, 03:54 PM
Fine capture of lightning along with traffic trails. Since you mention that it was late dusk, I might brighten up the sky (if you've got enough details) to (sort of) match with the exposure on the cliff...
Just my thoughts though. :)

Andrew McLachlan
06-03-2014, 07:39 PM
Hi Dvir, I would say this experiment turned out well...the lightning adds a lot of interest. Not sure if would have been possible from this vantage point, but a higher perspective would give more separation to the car trails and provide more interest to the foreground. Look forward to more experiments :S3: