PDA

View Full Version : Spring Leaves

Anita Bower
05-25-2014, 05:47 AM
I took this yesterday on a walk in the woods. 105mm macro lens.

T Simplify >Oil Paint 3; Viveza; Color Efex Pro >Darken Lighten Center; Contrast; Clone.

Constructive critiques appreciated.

Cheryl Slechta
05-25-2014, 03:50 PM
Hi, Anita, the greens are wonderful as is the bokeh! Nice composition. I find the shadows on the leaves interesting but I think I would lighten the two shadows on the leaf tips on the lower left. (just a very tiny amount)

Anita Bower
05-25-2014, 06:29 PM
Hi, Anita, the greens are wonderful as is the bokeh! Nice composition. I find the shadows on the leaves interesting but I think I would lighten the two shadows on the leaf tips on the lower left. (just a very tiny amount)
Thanks, Cheryl. Yes, good idea about lightening.

Judy Howle
05-25-2014, 07:28 PM
I love this Anita. Ditto what Cheryl said about the greens and I also love the bokeh and the composition. Well seen and processed!

Jackie Schuknecht
05-25-2014, 07:35 PM
The colours are lovely and the bokeh too. I think Cheryl makes a good point, I might try desaturating them first. I also wonder about a slight crop from the right, just past the dark spot. I really like the one leaf curled in the central grouping with the highlight. That makes the image for me.

Mitch Carucci
05-26-2014, 02:28 PM
Spring, and the light pours through!

Nancy Bell
05-26-2014, 05:18 PM
Anita, you really captured those gorgeous bright spring greens! Agree that the bokeh is wonderful. You might experiment with just a hint of a dark vignette. But I do like it as it.

Anita Bower
05-26-2014, 05:34 PM
Thank you all. I tried cropping from the right, but didn't like it quite as much. I tried a bit of a vignette, which worked well.

Dennis Bishop
05-28-2014, 08:54 PM
Super image with a beautiful foreground and background. I like the color and the diagonal. The bokeh is not only effective in its own right, but I like the way the stronger circles help to guide the eye through the image.