PDA

View Full Version : Moon rise over Perth Water...

Don Railton
05-24-2014, 06:05 AM
Hi Guys,

An image I took a few months ago of the full moon rising in Perth. It was taken from Kings Park, which is a popular park located close to and overlooking the city...Unfortunately, at the prime time for this type of shot the moon dissapeared behind the cloud. Dont you hate that..! This is a 3 shot stitch taken with a 1D4 and the 24 to 70 at 34mm on a tripod, I was looking for a 3:1 format final image. settings were 6 sec at F11, ISO 100. Dont remember the details of processing but it would have been done in CS6... Downsizing in this format for posting has cut out a lot of the details unfortunately but...

regards

DON

Tobie Schalkwyk
05-24-2014, 07:55 AM
Nice, Don! I probably would have chopped off a little on the RHS but it's beautiful as is - love the colors and 'peacefulness'! Well done! :5

Andrew McLachlan
06-03-2014, 07:35 PM
Hi Don, I really like this pano city-scape. My only nit is the buildings in the lower left corner...at first I thought crop them out, but I think you could evict them easily to maintain all the buildings in the background. Very nice comp!

Don Railton
06-03-2014, 11:15 PM
Hi Andrew and Tobie.

Thanks very much for the input and the kind words.... I agree with both comments, although I would not take too much off the RHS as I wouldn't want the moon to be too close to the edge of frame.. and the buildings lower LHS I just did not see..

In the ideal world I would have taken this image 5 minutes later, the city lights would be a lot brighter while the sky still would have had detail, but the moon was lost behind that tiny wisp of cloud...and by the time it appeared other side of cloud then it was too late, sky dark, buildings too bright.

thanks

DON