PDA

View Full Version : Theme: Golden Waves

Michael Gerald-Yamasaki
05-23-2014, 07:05 PM
Greetings. Managed a theme post...

One of those painting with filters pieces. A combination of some of my own filters, combined with Gaussian blurs, Topaz Simplify, curves, Topaz Adjust, and blends of various stripes overlays, soft light, difference and multiply. Maybe 30 or 40 layers. Trying for organic looking brush strokes (without actually brushing ;-).

Thanks for looking.

Cheers,

-Michael-

Nancy Bell
05-24-2014, 06:15 PM
I like the total sweep of shades of yellows across the entire image with just those few green lines of stems. The golds at the top of the image add a nice darkness, with an interesting texture, to define those distant grasses. Nice diagonal flow with the waving grasses.

Anita Bower
05-25-2014, 06:13 AM
I thought these were waving grasses/grains when I saw the thumbnail. Nice. I like the light, bright colors. I think the dark colors at the top are too different from the overall light mood. (Interesting that Nancy liked the darks and I didn't. Just goes to show how subjective this all is.)

Anita Bower
05-25-2014, 10:43 AM
Good thing you managed to post this as it won third place. Congratulations.

Jackie Schuknecht
05-25-2014, 07:44 PM
The few stems that are in focus are lovely and I like the soft feel and the vibrant yellows. I am in agreement with Anita about the darker ochre yellows in the corners, maybe a bit lighter to make the image less contrasty and more monochromatic. I don;t think I have ever had more than about 15 layers!

Michael Gerald-Yamasaki
05-25-2014, 09:47 PM
Nancy, Anita, Jackie,

Thanks much for your comments. I think I'm with Nancy on the darker parts ;-) ... for the contrast.

Jackie, I enjoy from time to time the image of many layers approach, wandering from filter to blend. Keep that one to blend in later. Convert to monochrome to tackle the contrast just so. Blur to spread then back to edges. Sometimes it gets away from me & the whole thing is deleted, but other times a one time only image comes to life. I just finished another & will soon post... pure graphical image making (no photography).

Cheers.

-Michael-