PDA

View Full Version : Spanish bluebells

Ron Conlon
05-23-2014, 09:20 AM
D5100, tripod, in a white box with background and remote flash, 1/200s f/18
These spring flowers have been very robust, surviving our recent very cold winter, and have proliferated wildly. I moved them from a section which is usually too muddy in Spring to see them to a more accessible and trafficked place. I could dig them up and split them and have them in all the beds. But we have a lot of blue flowers as it is...

John Robinson
05-23-2014, 10:59 AM
Very nicely controlled. Good positioning. This is the one which is decimating the native British Bluebell by hybridising etc.
JohnR

Ron Conlon
05-23-2014, 11:09 AM
Thanks, John. I am not surprised it is an invasive species there, and the hybridization with natives is worse--Good to know. I don't think we have anything related enough here for muddying of the gene pool.

Jonathan Ashton
05-23-2014, 11:25 AM
Lovely shot nice composition and delicate colours, the ones in UK tend to be generally a little bit darker. I particularly like the blossoms ranging from closed buds to fully opened blooms.

Ron Conlon
05-23-2014, 11:36 AM
Thanks, Jon. My memory (and photos from previous years) also had these a slightly darker blue, but they seem a paler blue this year, no idea why. I have taken some shallow dof photos out amongst them this year exploiting the lovely pale blue haze the massed flowers make when they are out of focus.

Steve Maxson
05-27-2014, 01:40 PM
Hi Ron. Another striking image! Beautiful colors, nice comp, soft lighting, a pleasing background, and good overall sharpness. Excellent work!