PDA

View Full Version : Little Owl

John Robinson
05-21-2014, 06:58 PM
It appears on checking that I have 2857 files on little owls taken over the past few years. Looking through them I have just realised why there is so much difference in colour and density/contrast etc. I reckon I have done something like a dozen individuals and they all vary. Maybe its age - I dont know. It make you realise thatwhen one looks dark - it may well be dark !
I reckon this one is the male keeping guard from his haigh vantage point in the barn where the mate I think is sitting in the usual site If it is a "he" he spends most of the day dozing and watching. He is so used to me and the vehicle now he dosen't even wake up some times. I advise anyone doing these birds to observe one golden rule to start with- wear the same clothes and dont get your hair cut!! They soon get to know you. Mind you its the fifth year with these now so we should be aquainted.. I enclose another pic of the 500mm Sigma on the car door to give a feel of the scale etc. Hope mods dont mind.
D7100320th @f8
800 ISO - big crop. Neat image/image guru etc.
Thanks for looking.
Cheers
JohnR

John Robinson
05-21-2014, 07:04 PM
Heres the set up
Cheers
JohnR
PS
The cheapo bigma looks good out of focus !!
I could have a week in Malta for what I paid for that !!

Geoffrey Montagu
05-21-2014, 07:50 PM
Terrific image, John. This little guard is certainly keeping an eye on you. Thanks for posting your rig setup.

Geoffrey

John Robinson
05-21-2014, 08:34 PM
Thanks Geoffrey
Loads more to come but I,ve held offf a bi tas they seem to be a bit dominant in the UK avian world !! Not sure why fiolks seem so intrigued by Owls.? I could understand it if theywere hard to photograph.
They are the most audacious posers of any bird I know. ( And I,ve known a few !)
Cheers
JohnR

christopher galeski
05-22-2014, 01:12 AM
nice image John,doe's he pop out and go cuckoo on the hour.:S3:

William Dickson
05-22-2014, 01:16 AM
Well done John I like it :S3:

Jonathan Ashton
05-22-2014, 03:31 AM
Nice shot John, I presume the two images were taken on different days. I like the first shot but there is something - but I don't know what!! The colours are perhaps a little cold and the processing seems different, there does not appear to be any texture in the image but when you see the same building in the second clearly there is.

gail bisson
05-22-2014, 05:13 AM
This is a fun and unique image!
I might try warming it up a bit,
Gail

Marina Scarr
05-22-2014, 07:54 PM
What a fun setting for this owl! I just love this, John!

Karl Egressy
05-23-2014, 03:14 PM
Nice image, John. I like Chris' funny comment as well.

John Robinson
05-23-2014, 06:31 PM
Thanks people.
Cris
Only a Brit could thinkof that :bg3:

John!