PDA

View Full Version : Framing - Glass, No Glass?

Doug West
05-21-2014, 11:36 AM
Need to get some prints framed for an upcoming show. Normally, I'd
go the cheap route and buy my precut mats and frames in bulk and
do it all myself.

This year I'm after quality. The biggest question I have is do I choose
non-glare glass or nothing at all? What are the advantages/disadvantages
of both (or something else)?

Thanks
Doug

Diane Miller
05-21-2014, 10:38 PM
Traditional matting and framing with glass is to protect paper. If your substrate is something else (canvas, metal, etc) you could go without glass, but the frames would be different. Doing a frame and mat intended for glass without the glass could be cheezy.

David Salem
05-21-2014, 11:31 PM
Hi Doug,

I print allot of stuff and do shows. I have become a dealer for a printer that dose canvas, metal and acrylic printing. If you are reselling these then the canvas prints are the best bang for your buck.
I sell to many wildlife photographers and some here on BPN. All of them love the quality and rendering of this companies product. The canvases come in a larger size so the customer gets a nice piece of art for their money. I find them much easier to sell. If you are interested PM me and I can give you some details and pricing. Example 24"x20" with a 1.5" gallery wrapped with a full bleed for $30.00 shipped to your door. These sell easily for double to triple your investment. They are complete and ready to hang for your customer.

Let me know your thoughts.

Diane Miller
05-21-2014, 11:41 PM
That's an awesome price!

David Salem
05-24-2014, 12:26 PM
Hi Jim,

Thanks for inquiring. Your PM was full and did not allow me to send you the info.

I am a rep for a a printer that dose canvas, acrylic and metal printing. The canvas prints are the best value and look great with nice color rendition and great mounting with a tight stretched canvas. They have a 1-1/2'' wide frame which is usually called a Gallery wrap. Also the printing is pretty cool because you crop to the exact size that you want to see, then the computer printing creates a bleed, extra canvas for the sides.

We have two specials that most of my photographers are taking advantage of. They are a great value and if you are reselling, there is plenty of room for a good profit, otherwise they look great on the wall or make great gifts.

4-24''x20'' or 4-24"x16" for $120.00 including shipping. Thats $30.00 each shipped!! This is the most popular deal.
4-36"x24" or 4-36"x20" for $249.00 including shipping Thats $62.50 each shipped. This is the nicest size for hanging up in the house to display your work.

I have many other sizes available at a discounted rate but not as good of a value as these specials.

Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks

David

Diane Miller
05-24-2014, 06:27 PM
I'm glad his inbox was full -- this is interesting! When you say four, is that four of the same image?

David Salem
05-25-2014, 11:47 AM
Hi Diane,

No, four different files!!

Try an order and see what you think. BPN Member Grace Scalzo uses me for her printing and she loves them.

Like I said, at that price, if your not reselling them, they make great gifts for family and friends.

Thanks

David

Diane Miller
05-25-2014, 02:11 PM
Would be interested in the link for ordering. I should have some need for prints in maybe a month or so.

David Salem
05-25-2014, 03:18 PM
Diane,

Just PM me when you are ready to order and I will give you instructions on how to send me your files.

Thanks

Loi Nguyen
06-01-2014, 11:26 PM
David, I have no idea you have this business on the side. Would love to see a canvas print when I see you this week if possible. Thanks. Loi