PDA

View Full Version : First ISO 6400 attempt

Roman Kurywczak
05-18-2008, 11:13 AM
This from my Feb. Night trip to Arches......not my favorite as it was my first attempt at ISO 6400......but I wanted to show some of the difficulties of photographing at night and contolling the painting. For those of you new to the forums and would like some more info on the "how to".....it's in the educational forums; http://www.birdphotographers.net/forums/showthread.php?t=5683
I was unable to get the right side any lighter without burning out the left........although with every attempt after that I leaned quite a bit and may re-try when I go back.......but as these formations were not that exciting (I was near Skyline Arch) I will explore other possibilities. I might post one of what the night sky looks like to the naked eye without painting tomorrow.........time permitting.......but I know that thumbnail will look black.
Forgot the specs.......Canon Mark 3, ISO 6400, f4.5 for 30 sec., tripod, leveling bubble, cable release, painted with flashlight.
Comments welcomed and appreciated.

Harold Davis
05-18-2008, 11:54 AM
you still did a fair job at it! and the sky looks great!! not bad for 6400. (actually phenomenal) did you run any NR at all?

Roman Kurywczak
05-18-2008, 12:08 PM
did you run any NR at all?
Yep Harold........forgot to mention it.............Noise Ninja applied in PP.

Gus Cobos
05-18-2008, 01:52 PM
Very nicely done Roman,
This is a sceen from The Outer Limits...:eek: where are the visitors from space???:D:D:D
I like it...:)

Robert Amoruso
05-19-2008, 06:38 AM
Lots of stars for sure Roman. I would like to have seen a bit more of the FG and getting the right rock better painted would have evened out the FG as well. Having tried this, I know it ain't easy getting it all right. Nice work.

Julie Kenward
05-19-2008, 10:38 AM
That sky is amazing! We forget that that's what it looks like living in the big city...

Rich Ikerd
05-19-2008, 05:07 PM
Great image of the Moab sky Roman. Not sure the light painting adds to the image here (though, since I haven't tried it yet I can only imagine how difficult it will be do get something that is perfect). Can't wait to put some of your techniques to work this fall.