PDA

View Full Version : Condor Love

Loi Nguyen
05-19-2014, 12:22 AM
This is an image of an adult and a juvenile condor. They are part of a flock of 9 bachelors, not sure about the sex. The California Condors are very social animals and the recently released juveniles learned from the adults (non breeding pairs) their way around. They constantly touch, pick, and play with one another when they are on the ground and not foraging for food.

1DX
500f4 II + 1.4X III
1/800
F10
ISO-800
Hand Held while lying on the ground.

It was a privilege to be such a close proximity of this critically endangered species. There are only about 400 condors in the wild.

This is one of my favorites.

Thank you for your comments.

Loi

Steve Kaluski
05-19-2014, 12:32 AM
Hi Loi, I really like this one, a nice behavioural scene and it's different. Colours look good, likewise the clarity & sharpness, just not wild about the grass stem (?) over the right neck, but nothing you could have done. Might take a sliver off the top perhaps? Is there a colour change in the green BKG in front of the RH beak?

TFS
Steve

Andreas Liedmann
05-19-2014, 01:02 AM
Hi Loi , nice one of this species .Agree with Steve about the colors , clarity and sharpness.Also agree about taking something away from the top. I personally think it is just a fraction too weak in the tones , so i would give the 1/2 and 3/4 tones a bit more depth.I do not mind about the grass stem.

TFS Andreas

Tobie Schalkwyk
05-19-2014, 02:30 AM
Nice clear shot, Loi! Funny that such ugly birds can contribute to a beautiul & cute scene? :w3

I agree about taking off just a tad on the top.

Grace Scalzo
05-19-2014, 08:30 AM
Wonderful interaction image. Thanks for answering my question in your previous image. Looking forward to more!

John Rowell
05-19-2014, 09:54 AM
Really nice, another very likeable image of the condors. Also appreciate your comments on their behavior. Thanks.

gail bisson
05-19-2014, 02:08 PM
Another special shot.
I like the interaction a lot. I like the comp as is.
My only nit is the OOF grass across the neck which draws the eye away. Not much you could do about it though.
Well done,
Gail

Mike Poole
05-19-2014, 03:42 PM
Fantastic interaction shot, must have been great to witness, The stray grass is a shame, but for me the image is so strong it can easily withstand this little nuisance

David Salem
05-19-2014, 05:53 PM
Great interaction shot of these beautiful birds. Techs look great too. Well done Loi and nice that you got this opportunity.

Stu Bowie
05-20-2014, 10:16 AM
Hi Loi, excellent sharp detail on both faces, and I would leave the comp as is.

Sidharth Kodikal
05-20-2014, 05:23 PM
I love this image, OOF grass and all. Light is great, your techs are great and the species is a gigantic jackpot!

Loi Nguyen
05-21-2014, 03:47 PM
Thank you very much everyone. Glad you like it. Loi