PDA

View Full Version : Pearl Bordered Fritt

John Robinson
05-18-2014, 06:42 PM
Hundreds of these about at the moment but with this heat they dont settle. This is a new set up I am playing with Nikor 50-300 with I think a 1X close up lens reversed on the front. The VR on the lens is a bonus. Seems quite useful
D7100
ISo400
!60th @f11 About 210mm
Quite a crop Fill flash
Thasnks for comments on last pic
Cheers
JohnR

Jonathan Ashton
05-19-2014, 05:00 AM
Not available round here John, nearest place I think is North Wales. Nice shot very crisp, the colours look very warm, easier said than done I am sure but if you could have been a little higher and further round to the left the viewpoint may have been better.

John Robinson
05-19-2014, 07:05 AM
Thanks John
I must be going senile ! Posted the wrong one again. And used bicubic instead of the correct dwn size tool. Looking at it now its terrible !!
Heres the proper one. It was very "pretty" with the crab apple and blue sky. As I say I was playing with the new setup and as I have hundreds of conventional shots I had never had one looking up at before !
Ignore the first post
John

Jonathan Ashton
05-19-2014, 02:16 PM
Yes much prefer the colours in this one. If it is of any help I do not downsize images for the net I produce net sized images and sharpen them accordingly.

John Robinson
05-19-2014, 05:08 PM
John
Surely you must down size them to produce the size the site dictates !??? You dont take them at that size surely ??
Am I mssing something here ?

For example - I have an image out of the camera say at 6000X4000 pixels. So I need it to be 1200 long side max. How else can I get it to that size without reducing it ?

Cheers
John

Jonathan Ashton
05-20-2014, 04:58 PM
Sorry John I think we are at cross purposes, I got the impression that you had produced and saved a large tiff or JPEG and then you reduced that in the dialogue for Save for Web, (hence the discussion regards Bicubic vs Linear) I don't do that I actually produce a web sized JPEG at 1200 or 900px which has been sharpened accordingly, so it does not require resizing. If I think I need a larger image say 1400px or one for printing I make a separate image.

Steve Maxson
05-22-2014, 01:18 PM
Hi John. This is a very attractive butterfly captured in nice light and with good sharpness. I think a couple tweaks would improve the image - at the bottom edge are two bits of dark twigs entering the frame - these are not adding to the image and could easily be removed. Likewise, at the top edge of the frame, near the center, are two smaller dark bits that could be cloned. Compared to the first image, the really OOF parts of the background, especially around the sections of blue sky, look a bit odd with a pinkish sort of edge around them (which is not present in the first image). I'm not sure what is causing this, but if you can get the background to look more like that in the first image, that would be an improvement. :S3:

John Robinson
05-22-2014, 01:53 PM
Thanks Steve Looking atthis after a while the couour on the second is no where intense enough. They really are quite orangey beneath. I take your point about the dark areas and I think the edge effects of the blues are with altering the saturation.
Not sure.
Cheers
JohnR