PDA

View Full Version : Mesermized

Judy Howle
05-18-2014, 12:28 AM
This is me at 11 yrs old I think. Last time I ever had long hair! We had just gotten our first TV and I was honed in on it and my father made this photo. I first restored it fixing creases and spots etc. and then I used Nik Silver Efex just to make the contrast and lighting better. I used Perfect Effects B & W (for the first time) and I liked this antique soft glow preset but I changed the border that was in the preset. The preset took out the contrast and sharpness I had added in Nik but I have 3 other versions I saved. I still have that table in my living room. :S3:

Dennis Bishop
05-18-2014, 01:01 PM
I like the photo. Your attention on the TV to the exclusion of the cards on the floor makes a strong statement. That antique glow is very effective over the photo, itself, but I find it distracting in the border and would be inclined to desaturate it, there, some.

Nancy Bell
05-18-2014, 02:01 PM
Great restoration! I really like the glow on your younger face & the mellow yellow overall effect. What an amazing invention TV seemed to be then!

Judy Howle
05-18-2014, 04:13 PM
Thanks Dennis and Nancy. I liked Dennis' suggestion so here is a rework.

Judy Howle
05-18-2014, 04:15 PM
Here is another version. I combined this one with a darker more dramatic version.

Kerry Perkins
05-20-2014, 10:06 PM
Really cute Judy, I certainly remember that time in my life. What an amazing device we suddenly had to capture our attention. I love the old photo and your very nice restoration. I think I like the first repost better, with the desaturated border and original brightness. Thanks for sharing, it really brings back memories!

Judy Howle
05-20-2014, 10:37 PM
Thanks Kerry, I'm glad you like it!

Anita Bower
05-24-2014, 01:36 PM
I like both of the last 2 posts. I'd have a hard time choosing between them. This is a wonderful snapshot. It reminds me of my own childhood and of the funny ways children have of sitting. The tones, etc. work well.

Judy Howle
05-24-2014, 03:18 PM
Thanks Anita!