PDA

View Full Version : Lily of the valley

Ron Conlon
05-16-2014, 01:30 PM
Brought inside for a studio shot (box lined with white with a remote flash inside) with a background print. D5200 tripod 200mm f/13 1/200s ISO100. A little canvas added to sides and top, a blemish on a flower deleted.

Printing backgrounds led to fun with the printer--sent some out-of-focus shots of greenery to the local Costco by uploading to the website. Got the expected call back about whether I really wanted to print green photos. When I went to pick them up with my wife, her reaction to the backgrounds were that they weren't "blobby" enough. This amused the printer/clerk. My wife is correct, and I am having less homogeneous backgrounds (blobbier?) printed. Looking forward to playing with them, blobby and nonblobby.

Daniel Cadieux
05-16-2014, 06:08 PM
Sounds like a lot of fun...and I have some of these growing in my backyard - perhaps a project for a rainy day. Good dof field to get all elements of the plant in focus. Nice variant in the BG print you used.

Costco called me concerning a white-on-white Snowy Owl, they thought it was a mistake having it so bright, but it was just perfect. Glad they do call, good service :-)

BenBotha
05-17-2014, 03:49 PM
I agree with the above comment. I also like the light, is makes the flowers "glow"
Ben

Jonathan Ashton
05-18-2014, 06:13 AM
I like the lighting and the colours, the background is slightly varied in colour - I think that is important. I relate to a slight detail in the background. A nicely thought out image.

Arthur Morris
05-21-2014, 10:33 AM
Very nicely done. I like your style. Here the slight merge of the 3rdand 4th blossoms (starting from the bottom) are a bit problematic.... Good luck with the blobbier stuff.

Steve Maxson
05-22-2014, 11:31 AM
Hi Ron. The new background looks great as does the lighting! Also, very nice comp and good overall sharpness. Very well done!