PDA

View Full Version : Green Snake

Allen Sparks
05-16-2014, 06:06 AM
Canon 7D, 400mm f4 DO, 1.4x TC II, monopod.....ISO 800, f5.6, 1/320s

I wasn't sure which forum to post this in - hope it is okay here. Found this small snake while hiking in the woods last weekend. Unfortunately I only had my longer lens with me. Shot at the mfd of 11.5 ft.

Jonathan Ashton
05-16-2014, 10:25 AM
It's wildlife's loss and our gain! I like the simple composition and the soft colours, it just maybe that the yellow component in the greens is a little too saturated (it is a common issue with my 7D). Th all important eye is sharp, although not excessively noisy I thnik I would apply some NR to the background, it would help to make the snake stand out.

Ron Conlon
05-16-2014, 01:13 PM
I love the composition. Great work!

Steve Kaluski
05-16-2014, 02:46 PM
It's wildlife's loss and our gain!

Can't see why it cannot be posted in both Allen, :bg3: a cool image, the overall limited colour palette just makes it, with that lovely J pose.

Daniel Cadieux
05-16-2014, 06:13 PM
How cool! Love the composition and the shades of green. Awesome BG to go with the subject. I do wish the face was not angling away, but quite a neat image you got here!

Kaushik Balakumar
05-17-2014, 03:27 PM
Neat one Allen. Liked the curving line created by the snake's body. Itching for a tad more space in the bottom and left.
:S3:

Arthur Morris
05-21-2014, 10:35 AM
Ditto all the positives above. Good job with the big macro lens :S3: If you only have one tool you gotta make it work. For me maybe a tad more below. The simplicity here rocks!

Steve Maxson
05-21-2014, 07:27 PM
Hi Allen. Lots of positive, and well deserved, comments above! Lovely colors, comp, and background. If the head was turned slightly toward us the image might be even stronger, but, as presented, it leaves us to ponder what the snake is looking at out of the frame that we can't see - and I, for one, often really like images like that. This is very well done!