PDA

View Full Version : Egret Dance

Robert Kimbrell
05-15-2014, 08:36 PM
D-800 500f4 = 1.4tc
F8 1/1/1250 Iso 800

This was a shot I took a few months ago that was unusable to do a gross head angle, I estimate he was looking away from me at about 8 degrees, I realigned his head in photo shop,
This is my first time trying this, and can't recall ever reading a tread about anyone else doing it. Is this pushing too far for the Avian forum?. Possibly belonging in the out of the box. Please direct me to a tread if has been covered before.

Sidharth Kodikal
05-15-2014, 09:09 PM
Nice exposure and sharpness Robert, and lovely high breeding plumage.
Comp wise, I'd crop substantially from the bottom, a bit from the left and add to the right and top.
I don't recall HA corrected in PP ever mentioned, but it sounds like you've found good method to achieving it. I couldn't tell. Maybe you can turn it some more as it's still off by a bit :)

Juan Carlos Vindas
05-15-2014, 10:13 PM
Well, I am not sure I could do such a good job!
If I wouldn´t read what you did I would have probably not detect it! Love the light and exposure in this one. Head angle is still not the best but I understand you wishing to fix it as this image has lots of potencial!

arash_hazeghi
05-16-2014, 01:09 AM
Hi Robert, I like the pose and soft light. Hint of habitat is nice too. The head still looks turned away from us a bit (as evident by the pupil) I'm not sure if you can fix HA by rotating/distorting the head. best is to capture it right in the field. I would also sharpen him a bit more.

best

gail bisson
05-16-2014, 05:01 AM
Not sure how you could realign the head but pretty cool that you did!
I think the image needs to be rotated CW and I would crop a bit off LHS and give him more room in the front if you have it.
I wish the head didn't intersect with the far wing, I find the primary wing tips a bit distracting as they peek over the beak.
Gail

andresleon
05-16-2014, 10:13 AM
Feather details are very nice. I think the grass on the bottom is a little distracting so I would have cropped a little from the bottom. Background is also very well captured.

Karl Egressy
05-17-2014, 08:44 AM
Great pose and overall image.

Robert Kimbrell
05-17-2014, 12:16 PM
Thanks for the comments everyone, The head angle is still poor but I think improved, It may have bought me a few Degrees. There was really no way too push any more without distortion. Like Arash said. Better to get it right in the Camera.