PDA

View Full Version : Kgalagadi Capped Wheatear

Conrad Bester
05-15-2014, 02:17 PM
Thanks to BAA for the 3 month free membership on this forum. I would like to learn as much as I can so please let me know what you guys think.

Capped Wheatear, Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park, Tamron SP 150-600mm F/5-6.3 Di VC USD, Canon EOS 7D, 1/2000 sec, at f/7.1, ISO 800, as framed.

Thanks

arash_hazeghi
05-15-2014, 02:22 PM
I like the pose, BG and light. head is a bit soft, it looks like the critical focus fell on the shoulder. you can go vert. here as there is too much empty space

TFS and welcome to BPN

Andy Shepherd
05-15-2014, 02:28 PM
That's a very smart bird, Conrad...exposure and sharpness look good, though I might give it another round of Noise Reduction as it is evident in the dark tail feathers and a little in the BG. Your composition is OK, but for my personal taste I'd take just a sliver off the top. Good opening shot and welcome from another Newb.

keith mitchell
05-15-2014, 03:05 PM
Conrad welcome to the forum, agree the bird would be improved with a bit more sharping, and for composition I would take a little of the left, that apart the bird looks good in that pose on an interesting perch and a very nice BG .making for a very nice image.
Regards Keith.

Ian Wilson
05-15-2014, 05:38 PM
Very nice capture Conrad. I like the composition and light. Not sure what your zoom setting was or if tripod mounted, but I am guessing you could trade off some shutter speed to get the ISO down to a point where noise was not an issue. You will learn a great deal very fast here. I look forward to seeing more of your work. Regards, Ian

Karl Egressy
05-15-2014, 05:38 PM
Welcome to the forum Conrad. I like the image, looks very nice.

Conrad Bester
05-16-2014, 01:29 AM
Thanks for the replies, i'm taking notes :-)

Richard Flack
05-17-2014, 05:20 AM
Lovely clean image Conrad, really like the clean BG.... if it were mine I would take a little off the top and sides