PDA

View Full Version : Theme: painted cat

Hazel Grant
05-14-2014, 10:19 PM
Smokey the cat belongs to a friend of mine. Painted with Topaz Simplify, painting colorul, then sketch hard pencil at 43% opacity, some cloning.

Dennis Bishop
05-14-2014, 11:04 PM
I like the complementary color scheme, and the combination of paint and pencil works well. It looks good the way it is, but did you try masking back the eyes and maybe the nose a bit?

Jackie Schuknecht
05-15-2014, 06:42 AM
I like it Hazel, the painting effect is nice. I might give the image a wee bit more contrast, but just my opinion:bg3:. Also, I am assuming this is for the theme, you might want to get it in the title.

Hazel Grant
05-15-2014, 08:21 AM
No, I didn't mask back the eyes and nose. Will give that a try. Yes, I meant it to be for the theme but not sure how to change the thread name.

Anita Bower
05-15-2014, 10:51 AM
Happy colors! I like the composition, with the books, window, angle of the cat. It all makes a cohesive image. I'd be interested in the result of the suggestions made above. I think that to change the title, you go back to your post and click on "edit."

Kerry Perkins
05-15-2014, 11:57 AM
Hi Hazel, I fixed the thread title for you - it's not something you can do. I like the whimsical treatment and it does remind me of a painting. Is Smokey learning to read? :S3:

Hazel Grant
05-15-2014, 02:08 PM
I'm sure my friend Charlotte thinks he can read....Thanks for changing the title. I did try to mask out the eyes and nose, but it just looked too weird.