PDA

View Full Version : Hues of Lower Antelope

David Kennedy
05-18-2008, 12:12 AM
Canon 5D & 16-35mm f/2.8 L II lens @ 33mm
Exposed 6/10 sec. @ f/16, ISO 160
Lower Antelope Navajo Tribal Park, Page, Ariz.

I'm enjoying the different perspectives of Upper and Lower Antelope presented by Michael Pancier, so I thought I'd share another from my recent trip out there. In this instance, I was struck by just how purple the rock became towards late afternoon. As always, comments and criticism are welcome!

Michael Pancier
05-18-2008, 06:35 AM
Beautiful david. Love the foreground purple lines leading you in.

The purples is cause of the blue light blending with the red rock. I found it more evident at Lower Antelope. Also since I was there in February lighting was relatively dim so I figure we ended up working a lot with blue light to get those amazing hues.

Roman Kurywczak
05-18-2008, 11:01 AM
Hey David,
This just might be my favorite of yours.......and I have many I liked B4! The textures and subtle tones are exquisite! As always the lines are great also! I'd imagine this one will sell very well for you!

Harold Davis
05-18-2008, 12:16 PM
i have never vistited this place, only seen the pics you guys post here, so i cant say as to what colors are right or wrong, but what i see here is great. the lines here are what make it for me followed by the tones and light second. well done!!

Robert Amoruso
05-19-2008, 06:35 AM
The lines and colors in this one lead you right into the image and around to corner. I would say this is one of my favorite of yours too David. A well-seen image.

Don Lacy
05-19-2008, 06:21 PM
A beautiful image, I love the contrast between the colors and the lines of the comp.