PDA

View Full Version : LightRoom Beta

Alfred Forns
05-17-2008, 11:09 PM
If you have not had a chance to download the new LR might want to give it a try. It is a free download. Only thirty days if you are not a registered user.

Finally had a chance to sit down and check out all the new features. It is well worth the upgrade. The one change in allowing local changes is exposure, brightness, saturation, clarity and tint is worth the upgrade. It also has a much better integration with PS and btw it this release only works with CS3. The regular release might work with previous versions?

There are also changes to the layout placing tools in more convenient places, more flexibility with smart folders and seems faster. Not sure how many of the enhancements will carry over to the final version or when it will be out. Will be first in line for mine !!!!

James Shadle
05-18-2008, 02:21 PM
Al,
Are the local adjustments like in Capture NX?

Darth

Robert O'Toole
05-18-2008, 06:55 PM
Hi James

The local adjustments are not as easy to use as CNX, but they do look cool. The new LR local adjustments are based on a brush type tool, but then you can use something called Auto mask to confine the effect to a certail color area, similar to CNX.

Alfred is right, the beta does look like a major upgrade, but, considering all the past problems with Adobe Beta software I will wait for the final version late this summer.

Robert

Alfred Forns
05-19-2008, 07:10 AM
Robert so far no problems with the Beta. Happy Camper.

James the local adjustments are just like Robert mentioned. They might be even easier than NX since they are in a layer and yo can go back and fort. The other mayor deal is the integration with PS. Exciting program !!! Still think NX is the best for converting but at this time there has to be a compelling reason to use it. It does complicate the work flow !!

Robert O'Toole
05-19-2008, 10:47 AM
Alfred I was referring to the problems with the CS3 Beta version when you uninstall it and install the full version, you had to run 2 scripts to clean out the old files, uninstall was not enough.

LR does look a lot better in this version. I will install the new version for sure, I am looking forward to it!!

Robert

Sid Overbey
05-19-2008, 12:00 PM
I have been using the LR beta for about a month and really like it. This is first time I have tried LR so can't compare to previous version, but will definitely buy at end of trial. If you know someone who is a licensed owner of the previous version, they can invite you to try the beta and you can use it till August.

Sid

Michael Pancier
05-19-2008, 02:51 PM
I have it in my mac book pro and it works great. I'm concerned if it won't work with PS 2 since I still use ps 2 for those plug ins that never got to work on cs 3.

Alfred Forns
05-20-2008, 11:24 AM
Mike you can run both CS2 and CS3 in the computer Just takes more space !!!