PDA

View Full Version : Theme - Magnolia Seed Pod Fracted

Mark Fuge
05-14-2014, 12:21 PM
Our Magnolia tree has started to bloom and this is one of the seed pods that I shot with my new 100mm macro and processed in the new Fract 2. The BG is what was there, behind the seed pod. The BG coloring effect and fibers were created by Fract 2.

Processing included; Fractalius 2, Topaz Lens Effects (various effects including Oil Painting) and Photoshop Oil Paint

Mitch Carucci
05-14-2014, 03:31 PM
I really like this one. The fract adds a bit of interest to an already excellent composition with great tonal contrasts.

Joel Eade
05-14-2014, 03:33 PM
The composition os strong and with the very nice color combination looks very much like a framed painting.

Jackie Schuknecht
05-14-2014, 08:48 PM
Great work Mark, it looks like it could be on the set of "Game of Thrones".

Dennis Bishop
05-14-2014, 10:32 PM
Your processing was terrific. The colors and texture are wonderful. However, I'd be inclined to move the pod out of the center and flip it horizontally.

Anita Bower
05-15-2014, 10:57 AM
Love it. Fantastic shapes, textures, colors. Wonderful effects and dark tones. I like what Dennis did. I, too, would prefer the seed not to be right in the center. I think this is my favorite of your work--really lovely.

Kerry Perkins
05-15-2014, 12:03 PM
Very nice processing Mark, and a different style which I like a lot. You really enhanced the organic nature of the image. I like the crop idea, as the image is not symmetrical and moving the pod off-center makes the composition stronger in this case. Good one!

Mark Fuge
05-18-2014, 10:25 AM
Thanks all for viewing and comment. Appreciate it.

This was one of those that just pop out and you know it happened. Some days life throws that at you. :e3