View Full Version : Zion National Park - Utah

Tim Rogers
05-14-2014, 10:24 AM
Zion National Park
Nikon D700, 17-35mm 2.8 on tripod
1/15, f11, ISO 200

David Stephens
05-14-2014, 01:37 PM
Nice colors; however, the salt stains and tree trunks make me think that this needs to be rotated several degrees CC.

Don Railton
05-14-2014, 11:32 PM
Hi Tim..

I like the colours too. Rich greens and reds in what I imagine is an ancient setting. very nice. I think I would have liked this with more/all of the rock face upper LHS in view if that were possible. I don't get the feeling the image needs rotating in any way, the small waterfall seems to look about right and the trees to the right of the waterfall also look to be growing upright... but there is obviously a large overhang on the rock that bends the eye a little..

Don

Dvir Barkay
05-15-2014, 08:00 AM
Nice shot, the colors are good and natural. Seems like an overcast or at least cloudy day as the colors seem a bit more saturated. I would have liked more up top, so either if that was in the original, or you could have taken two shots and combined.

Andrew McLachlan
05-20-2014, 08:00 PM
Hi Tim, I like what you have here, but for me I am wanting to see more below...do you have more below...perhaps if you could post the full image it would be of some assistance.

Hazel Grant
05-21-2014, 10:34 AM
Unique view of Zion. Usually we all take the vast landscape view. I don't think rotation is necessary. Looking at the line of rock toward the bottom, that line is ok. It's the angle of the overhang and possibly windblown trees that angle.