PDA

View Full Version : Green-breasted Mango

Juan Carlos Vindas
05-13-2014, 08:15 PM
Here´s one image of the very first ones that I made last year when I started taking this kind of shots using the multi flash technique.

In the next days I will be posting some of my most recent hummer images, please let me know if you will see any major difference.

For this one I chose the worse-ever background and placement of lighting is not the best eigther but I was just playing, at the end, my idea
was to have a ''natural-looking'' image where there is enough light to see the bird's details but where one can see some shadows that are there in the real world.

For this one I used

5D I
300f/4
Tripod
Cable release
3speelites for the bird one for the bg.

Many thanks for looking.

andresleon
05-13-2014, 08:39 PM
What a beautiful capture, Juan Carlos! Seems like you have the perfect setup for these little creatures! I think the background is just fine. The soft read above the hummer's head gives it a really strong and appealing contrast. Hope one day you share your setup with the rest of us! :)

Ian Wilson
05-13-2014, 09:01 PM
Excellent image. If you were 'just playing' with this one, the latest images must be out of this world! I look forward to seeing some more. TFS.

Tobie Schalkwyk
05-13-2014, 11:44 PM
Nice! Looks like something from a postcard! What was you ss on this one?

Binu John
05-14-2014, 01:03 AM
Beautiful shot! Love the details, background and the use of flash! TFS

Stu Bowie
05-14-2014, 06:07 AM
Hi JC, well placed in the frame, and I like the swept back wing position of the HB. Lovely pastel colours to your BG. Comp wise, I would maybe take a bit off the RHS, and add a bit below so as not to cut off the tip of the leaf.

christopher galeski
05-14-2014, 08:09 AM
Beautiful image,the BG is magic,nice detail.

vishaljadhav
05-14-2014, 08:19 AM
Perfect is what i can just say, its a composition beauty

Daniel Cadieux
05-14-2014, 09:50 AM
If this is the worst-ever background I cannot wait to see the recent ones! There's alot to like here. I just wish for a better glint in the eye and lighter whites on the subject but all else suits my tastes just fine.

gail bisson
05-14-2014, 12:35 PM
I think this is great. I like the wing position and that beautiful flower and the vertical line it creates.
I do wish that the tip of the leaf at the bottom of the frame had not been cut off and would include it if you have it.
Gail