Focal length: 200mm
Shutter speed: 1/400 sec
Aperture: 3.2
Exposure mode: Manual
Exposure compensation: +1/3
Flash: Off
Metering mode: Multi-segment
ISO: 400

Thank you for your comments and critiques.

Doug Brown
05-17-2008, 10:36 PM
Love the color and interaction Oscar! The exposure looks good, as do the feathers on the body. Unfortunately, both of the birds' heads are OOF. It's asking a lot from an aperture of 3.2 to get two birds in focus. I think the D300 has minimal noise at ISO 800, and by using it, you could have used a full stop smaller aperture. That may have helped get them both in focus for you. Thanks for posting!

Alfred Forns
05-17-2008, 10:58 PM
Fully agree with Dough on this one Oscar !!! Do take advantage of the ISO performance !!! At this close distance not sure if you could get all that much dof at 200 mm but stopping down would have help !!!

I like how you lined up on the good bg ... the wall rather than the wire cage. The overall image looks a little funky with the color/texture Reds seem a little over but not enough on the rest. Fill flash would have been great here. The pop up flash should have helped !!! Lower the Shutter speed to 200 for more reach in the flash !!!

Need to get over there with you guys. Don't need to get in on the fun !!! Btw there birds were evicted from the Metro Zoo Aviary for bad behavior !!!!!! Then can be a terror !!!

Katie Rupp
05-18-2008, 08:27 AM
Great interaction and composition, agree with Alfred and Doug regarding improvements. They sure are colorful!

Harold Davis
05-18-2008, 09:43 AM
hi oscar!! i like your compo here! agree with the above suggestions. i didnt get much. i'll try to find something worth posting later. trying to recover from a bad nite!! great to see you and meet some new people yesterday. cant wait to do it again!

gus, you need to turn your phone on!!!:D we tried to call!!!

Gus Cobos
05-18-2008, 09:52 AM
Oscar,
Very nice composition, love the inter action between these two. The colors are rich, vibrant and very pleasing. No nits from me buddy. The nits were all covered by the NIT POLICE...:D:D:D

Doug Brown
05-18-2008, 10:15 AM
The nits were all covered by the NIT POLICE...:D:D:D

Hey! Waddya mean NIT POLICE?! :)

Gus Cobos
05-18-2008, 10:46 AM
Hey Doug, How are you doing buddy...:) Don't feel bad I'm a member of the NIT POLICE SQUAD too...:D:D:eek:

All the best to you,

Gus...:cool: