PDA

View Full Version : Great spottet woodpecker

Patricia Nordforss
05-11-2014, 02:44 PM
I realise this picture isnt that great especially not the background but I was thrilled getting two woodpeckers at the same time. Would be nice to know what ssort of afterwork i could have done to make the picture better,

Nikon 7000
Lens Nikon 200-400mm
F 6.3, 1/640, Iso 200, 240 mm.

With kind regards
Patricia Nordforss

http://i1295.photobucket.com/albums/b631/adine6/pat090_zps83e6c6dc.jpg

keith mitchell
05-11-2014, 03:32 PM
Hi Patricia, this is been very picky but I would like to see a little more space around the birds if possible and maybe drop the contrast just a little(just my take of course and could be very wrong), the raised crest on the bird to the right is great, giving lots of life to the image, it really is very good IMHO, pleasure to view.

Keith.

gail bisson
05-11-2014, 03:38 PM
My first thought was how wonderful you got a full DOF on both birds and that I wish for more room all around.
The image feels a bit tight.
The BG is fine except for the vertical line in front of the right hand side woodpecker. I would clone it out if not against your ethics.
The yellow lichen in the bottom of the frame adds a nice pop of color to an already pleasing color palette.
Well done,
gail

Satish Ranadive
05-12-2014, 12:26 AM
Wonderful image with beautiful IQ. Nice to see both of them in full DOF. Beautiful colors and nice details.
Agree about space.Nice advice by Gail.

Regards,
Satish.

Patricia Nordforss
05-14-2014, 01:55 PM
Thank you so much for showing an interest in my picture and for your very good comments.
with kind regards

Patricia Nordforss