PDA

View Full Version : LeafBird #2

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
05-11-2014, 04:59 AM
This was the best shot I got of this rare (for me) bird. I wish the POD had not overlapped on the birds back but the bird was so skittish that this is what I could manage. Again I was impressed by the performance of this combo.
f/8
1/800
ISO 1600
FL 1000mm (500 II + 2X TC III)+5DIII

Diane Miller
05-11-2014, 10:35 AM
What gorgeous sharpness on the bird!! Exposure looks perfect. The pod over the bird could be removed, with some careful cloning, as could most of the others.

Tobie Schalkwyk
05-12-2014, 12:10 AM
Amazing performance by this combo indeed! You're hardly ever going to get a clearer shot than this at 1,000mm! Nice shot, perfect focus. Well done!

(PS: unless you want to enter the photo in a competition I would not worry about removal of the POD - but that's just me!)

Steve Kaluski
05-12-2014, 10:06 AM
Hi Sanjeev, love the colours and the BKG is a killer, really makes the subject pop, nice sharpness. I would crop a little more, but certainly remove the dead pod bottom right. Just a thought, but to make life easy, make the pod over the subject appear to go behind, less than two minutes and on the RAW you would have an even better blend, you can do it, I know.

(PS: unless you want to enter the photo in a competition I would not worry about removal of the POD - but that's just me!)

Tobie, if you remove the pod it cannot be entered into any International comp. :w3

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
05-12-2014, 12:50 PM
Steve, thanks a ton for working on this. Amazing stuff! I like it a lot & it makes so much difference. I will work on doing it myself with the RAW image.

David Kenny
05-12-2014, 07:25 PM
I actually don't mind the pod in front of the bird on this shot. I don't think it obstructs that much of the bird to ruin the shot. To me it gives the photo a 3 dimensional feel.

Tobie Schalkwyk
05-13-2014, 02:10 AM
Tobie, if you remove the pod it cannot be entered into any International comp. :w3

Of course! Caught me asleep there...:tinysmile_shy_t: