05-10-2014, 02:51 PM
Norfolk Island, Australia
Canon 5D2; 16-35@35; 1.6"@f/13; ISO 1000
Nov 2009; 3:40AM

There are four in the series!

Don Railton
05-11-2014, 05:51 AM
Hi Jay

Best of the three IMHO, looking forward to the 4th.. With the curling wave and the splash in the foreground there is nice dynamics in the image along with good depth in the sky... Plenty of interest with the three different rock masses. My only suggestion is that the vegies on the foreground rock looks crunchy oversharpened, however if its the stuff I think it is (same as I have seen on the local beaches) it tends to look like that without any sharpening...

regards

DON

Jay Gould
05-11-2014, 06:41 AM
Hi Don, Glad you like it! I play in a G+ Community - The LightBox - fantastic place for image critiques. Most thought the image was too blue; here is a RP with the blue desat by -25. What do you think?

Don Railton
05-11-2014, 08:08 AM
Hi jay, yes, I do think this is a subtle but definite improvement, most apparent to me as less of a blue haze in front of the distant island. I Will check the other forum, although I have lots of help here...

Regards
Don

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jay Gould
05-11-2014, 08:17 AM
Hi jay, yes, I do think this is a subtle but definite improvement, most apparent to me as less of a blue haze in front of the distant island. I Will check the other forum, although I have lots of help here...

Regards
Don

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This is a fun place to play: https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/107227825802974578216. Jump into the Pool; be sure to read the rules about voting.

Jay Gould
05-13-2014, 03:40 PM
Those of you who have been watching this thread - I completely reprocessed this image!! :Whoa!:

David Stephens
05-13-2014, 04:09 PM
I like the one in Panel 6 the most, but the sky is so dramatic that I'd like less of the FG and a 2 to 1 crop of the top part of the image, starting at the top of the sky. Still, all are wonderful.

Jay Gould
05-14-2014, 12:20 AM
Hi David, I am sure you figured out that the sky is added; this is the most dramatic piece of the added sky. I didn't crop the foreground any further because I wanted the strip of land to be my leading line. Cropping the foreground further would create a barrier. Notice anything missing from this image? :2eyes2:

Andrew McLachlan
05-14-2014, 06:58 PM
Hi Jay I really like the panoramic comp for this one. I think I would prefer to see the colors somewhere between Pane #1 and Pane #3. I think you could take Pane#1 and in Selective Color just reduce the blacks on both blue and cyan to achieve a nicely reduced blue tone.

Jay Gould
05-15-2014, 01:24 AM
Thanks Andrew; this one is still a work in progress before it goes to the website. While I too like the pano, I also like the larger image because the uncovered reef is so interesting and provides a leading line.

#1 is too blue; #2 is too blah! #6 has added canvass, added sky, and a removed island as the removed island didn't look right against the angry sky.