PDA

View Full Version : Gannet with nesting material

Andreas Liedmann
05-10-2014, 05:46 AM
Hi folks just staying on Helgoland Island in the North Sea
I am here for the Gannets and the Seals.
Good location with easy access to the animals.Weather conditions are tough at the moment , mainly overcast and rain , rarely some sunshine.

Canon EOS 1D MK IV
EF 200-400 IS L at 560 mm
Tripod

F 7,1 / Iso 800 / 1/1000 sec

Full frame

Image processed with PhotoNinja and PS CC

C&C as always ver y much welcome

Cheers Andreas

Andy Shepherd
05-10-2014, 10:14 AM
Super shot, Andreas...you have captured some lovely detail in both the feathers and the seaweed. Exposure looks just about spot on, as does the sharpness.

Steve Kaluski
05-10-2014, 10:27 AM
Glad to see the weather managed to break for you, similar to here at present Andreas. Can't comment on the 'usual' but any images with the subject coming towards you rather than away?

TFS
Steve :w3

Andreas Liedmann
05-10-2014, 10:38 AM
Thanks Andy and Steve for looking and commenting.
Steve i would have preferred what you are thinking..........but wind direction ,sun angle and the way they fly did not allow it.......
Image taken this morning , just got back from the seals ............ soaking wet, so far about the weather break :bg3:.

Thanks and cheers Andreas

Steve Kaluski
05-10-2014, 10:58 AM
It's similar to Bempton Andreas where the come up on the updraft and momentarily hover, giving you enough time for some frames.

just got back from the seals ............ soaking wet, so far about the weather break

Don't forget, you are wearing the best waterproof gear you can get, you skin. :bg3: That's what it's all about, getting the shots come what may.

BTW, re your reply about sharpening, I think it' the MacBook Pro screens, mine does the same.

MiroslavMaric
05-10-2014, 02:52 PM
Well balanced highlights, sharp and I like the moment (position of wings). Cheers! Miro

Sidharth Kodikal
05-10-2014, 04:02 PM
Superb exposure with rich details in the white feathers. Nice blue bg to set the bird off and the payload he's carrying adds to the image.
Crits? The bird is angled away and the near wing is casting a shadow on the head.
TFS and looking forward to more.

Juan Carlos Vindas
05-10-2014, 09:33 PM
Really nice bird and with a very nice BG. I do wish the bird's head was looking toward us.

vishaljadhav
05-11-2014, 01:19 PM
lovely exposure, the blue makes it stand out
IQ is nice