PDA

View Full Version : Baboon Foraging

Loi Nguyen
05-08-2014, 10:56 PM
A troop of baboons was foraging in the camp after lunch when no one was around but me.

1DX
500F4 II
1/1000
f5.6
ISO-1600
HH

Cloned out some OOF elements at the bottom. almost full frame.

Thank you for your comments.

Loi

Tobie Schalkwyk
05-09-2014, 12:21 AM
Nice clear shot Loi. Suitable crop too. Well done!

Andreas Liedmann
05-09-2014, 06:04 AM
Hi Loi , looks good to me.
Would slightly open up the face area.
TFS Andrreas

Steve Kaluski
05-09-2014, 08:10 AM
Hi Loi, nicely timed, good capture. Not sure, but try dropping the blue and mask over the black skin of the face? Just a thought, but dropping the exp a fraction for the environment (mask the subject) may also help to create a little bit more depth, WDYT?

TFS
Steve

Rachel Hollander
05-09-2014, 09:23 AM
Hi Loi - nice one! Techs and sharpness look good. Interesting pose, well timed. Good suggestions above for taking an already excellent image up a notch.

TFS,
Rachel

Gabriela Plesea
05-09-2014, 12:18 PM
Hi Loi,

I am viewing this image with much interest this evening, since I am busy processing an image of a Baboon as well. Interesting behaviour shot of this chap foraging and I like the expression you have captured. Nice and sharp and the crop is great, a tad dark on the chin though. The teeth look a bit unnatural to me, almost as if they have been dodged and now there is a little too much black in-between (not sure if I made myself understood?) This gives the baboon a very mean look, which in a way I like, but I just feel the teeth are too separated by the black gums? Oh well, I am just nit-picking, but if you can open up the mouth area a little it would be great:w3

Kind regards, have a wonderful week-end,

Loi Nguyen
05-10-2014, 07:02 AM
Thank you everyone for your comments. In New York City now spending time with the family, bad weather, so no photography, will look at this image when I get back. Gabriela, the teeth we're all natural, haven't done anything there. Loi

Steve Kaluski
05-10-2014, 07:11 AM
Hi Loi, drop Rachel a PM. :w3

Loi Nguyen
05-10-2014, 08:05 AM
Yes, of course. We were going to meet at the Bronx zoo, but the weather is not cooperating, so it got canceled :(

Gabriela Plesea
05-11-2014, 12:46 PM
Thank you Loi, in this case this is one mean looking fella and I like him even more!

Sorry about you having to cancel the trip to the Bronx Zoo, hope the weather improves, have a great time with your dear ones!

Kind regards,

edwardselfe
05-16-2014, 03:44 AM
Very nice timing Loi. I agree with Steve that the bg looks a bit thin so would look at masking and darkening a little.
Ed

Morkel Erasmus
05-22-2014, 02:46 PM
Love the angle and pose/expression here Loi!