PDA

View Full Version : Theme: Water Lilies

Wendy Kates
05-08-2014, 09:20 PM
Finally...the lily pond is awash with water lilies! I applied Topaz Simplify Watercolor 1, then Nik CEP, Detail Extractor and Soft Focus. (I was aiming for an Impressionistic look.) Thanks for looking.

Dennis Bishop
05-08-2014, 11:55 PM
Pink and green is a good combination. I like the composition and that you shot this with the blooms in different stages of development. The angle at which you shot this was low enough that the grasses make a nice background for the flowers. I'd be inclined to reduce the contrast of the grass to give a greater feeling of depth, but I like it very much just the way it is.

Anita Bower
05-09-2014, 06:07 AM
What a happy image! Love the colors, the brightness, the composition. I'd say you achieved the Impressionistic look you aimed for. I like the lilies in different shapes. The amount of simplification is just right. The color of the water is gorgeous, as is the color of the lilies. Well done.

Nancy Bell
05-09-2014, 07:52 PM
Just lovely! Great composition with the 3 layers, blue water, lilies, and bright grass bkgd. Those pink lilies are beautiful! I really like how simplify brings out the shapes & the flow of an image, emphasizing an overall impression, and leaving the tiny details behind.

gary ellwein
05-09-2014, 11:35 PM
A very pleasing color combination The blossoms are nicely separated. You achieved an impressionistic look.

Judy Howle
05-09-2014, 11:40 PM
Your excellent processing does give it an impressionist look. I like the composition and colors. I never see pink water lilies, they are so much prettier than the white ones here.

Randall Farhy
05-10-2014, 11:32 PM
This one is amazing. So much color and soft detail without appearing overcooked, Love it!

Anita Bower
05-12-2014, 12:45 PM
A very well deserved win. BEautifully done.

Kerry Perkins
05-12-2014, 08:00 PM
Very pretty Wendy. Love the colors, composition, and treatment. The result looks very much like a painting and certainly conveys the feeling of springtime! A winning image for sure.