PDA

View Full Version : Norfolk Island Coastline 2

Jay Gould
05-08-2014, 02:04 AM
Norfolk Island Coastline 2
Norfolk Island, Australia
Canon 5D2, 24-105@45; 1/8@f/22; ISO 100

30 minutes later than #1 on the same day.

Jay Gould
05-08-2014, 02:07 AM
When I put this 400kb image next to my Google+ image there is no comparison. Nothing looks as good on BPN as it does on other sites that permit a large file size. This is the G+ file: https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-jocXvvSShZ8/U2JZ7BioTnI/AAAAAAAAW_g/hpvyOMk-E3c/w1001-h788-no/Norfolk+Island+Coastline+1.jpg

Andrew McLachlan
05-08-2014, 07:30 PM
Hi Jay, I prefer the light you had 30 minutes earlier :S3: I like the composition with the cluster of rocks in the foreground but wonder if a longer shutter speed may have been the way to go here to "calm" the ocean and put even more emphasis on the rock elements within the image.

David Stephens
05-09-2014, 10:16 AM
Very interesting comparison. I prefer the sky and island on the horizon here, but prefer the overall light of the first posting.

It's hard enough evaluating landscape images on computer screens, but the file size limitations here make it much harder. I know that the power of both these images would probably blow us all away on a 50" print.

Diane Miller
05-09-2014, 11:58 AM
When I pull up the Google+ image, the size is actually slightly smaller than the one here on BPN, and both are identical in color and tonalities.

There are differences in browsers, and ones that are not fully color managed can change the appearance of an image. I use Firefox will full color management enabled.

Jay Gould
05-09-2014, 12:04 PM
When I pull up the Google+ image, the size is actually slightly smaller than the one here on BPN, and both are identical in color and tonalities.

There are differences in browsers, and ones that are not fully color managed can change the appearance of an image. I use Firefox will full color management enabled.

Diane, the G+ image is 2048 x 1613; 935.04KB. I see differences. Cheers,

Morkel Erasmus
05-13-2014, 04:03 AM
I like the composition and "flow" in this one, Jay - but wish you had the dynamic water motion that your previous posting shows for this one.
Did you do any of this shooting at dawn as well? I know you went for this kind of colour/mood, but was wondering if the sunrise that morning did offer some opportunities in golden light - or was it overcast?

Jay Gould
05-13-2014, 04:07 AM
Hi, These are from 2009! I have no memory of anything in 2009; do you? I had saved a few gems - I was a green photographer at the time - and let them sit in archives until I had processing skills and nothing better to do than process those images. Now that my lungs have slowed me down I have the time to process. Most of what I saved is being discarded.

Morkel Erasmus
05-15-2014, 03:47 AM
My bad, Jay - didn't know this was that long ago :t3

Arthur Morris
06-20-2014, 08:23 PM
Love the breaking waves, the rocks, and especially the color of the water. A bit wider would have been nice as would have moving the flat rock on the horizon to the left by moving to your left. If possible :).