PDA

View Full Version : GDT Photographer of the Year 2014

Paul Whitbread
05-07-2014, 05:04 PM
Back in November I started a thread for the GDT European Photographer of the Year. They also seem to run a Nature Photographer of the Year competition. I'm not quite sure of the finer points in how the two competitions differ, but they're come up with another set of interesting images.

GDT Nature Photographer of Year 2014 (http://new.gdtfoto.de/en/gdt-nature-photographer-of-the-year-2014/#!prettyPhoto)

I do rather like Radomir Jakubowski's silhouette of the ibex. The overall aesthetic of the photo selection does seem to be somewhat dreamlike.

Bonus: The 2013 gallery (http://www.gdtfoto.de/content.php?siteloc=496).

Rachel Hollander
05-07-2014, 07:12 PM
Paul - thanks for posting and a big congrats to BPN member Anette Mossbacher for having a landscape image honored. I'm not sure if there are any other BPN members among the selected images so my apologies if I overlooked anyone. Congrats Anette!

Rachel

Steve Kaluski
05-08-2014, 01:00 AM
Great to see a good friend & BPN 2013 Overall winner doing well Rachel, not sure if she will now have the time to meet up next month. :bg3:

Anette Mossbacher
05-08-2014, 02:19 AM
Hi Paul,

the contests are different. The Nature Photographer of the year 2014 is only for GDT members. You need to apply for membership, they also take international photographers!
Check the member list in their website.
The European contest is for public and cost about 20.- Euro to submit images. You are allowed to submit 5 images in each category. That result is still open and should be out within the next 2-6 weeks!

Steve & Rachel, thanks so much :cheers: When I am through all email requests of free images, geeeez, than I will make it to our "annual" meeting with some good friends. Looking so much forward to the fun & wine :bg3:
Hope I can get Rachel to laugh some tears lololololol :t3

Ciao
Anette

Andreas Liedmann
05-09-2014, 02:48 PM
Hey Anette congrats for your success in GDT competition.
Did not know that you are a member of GDT.Do you come to Lünen this year ? I live just round the corner, if i am not too long with Andre & Gabriela i will be at the festival.

Cheers Andreas

Anette Mossbacher
05-12-2014, 03:02 AM
Hi Andreas,

thanks a lot Andreas. I might stop by at Luenen, not sure yet. :bg3:

Ciao
Anette

PS Off for the next 3 weeks to see some wildlife and more :w3

Andreas Liedmann
05-12-2014, 03:40 AM
Namibia ? You are very scars at the moment ........

Anette Mossbacher
05-12-2014, 04:19 AM
In der Kürze liegt die Würze :Whoa!:

Very busy, especially now Andreas. Lots to do, sorry for the scars :w3

Have a great week

Caio
Anette