PDA

View Full Version : LOTUS-Neon Glow!

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
05-07-2014, 12:01 PM
Lotus flowers are beautiful and I like the way the yellow glows like neon contrasting with the purple colour.
5D3+100mm f/2.8 L IS Macro
f/8
1/125
ISO 800
Hand held

John Robinson
05-07-2014, 12:15 PM
Another nice flower study. I think you did well at f8 on a flower of this width. Could you have got a little farther away ? might have helped DOF wise. Still a very attractve shot- as you say- the yellows really glow !
They will just survive here in a good summer !!
Cheers
John

MiroslavMaric
05-07-2014, 01:40 PM
Like the composition and colors. Focus point is fixed well. Saturation & vibrance look very natural. Well done. Cheers!

Jonathan Ashton
05-08-2014, 04:23 AM
I really like the exposure colours and detail in the flower. The surrounding leaves are a little less than ideally positioned but there is little that can be done there other than trying to isolate the flower head but I think the idea of including some leaves is good. I suspect if practicable it would be worthwhile another visit to find a slightly simpler arrangement of flower and leaves.

Diane Miller
05-10-2014, 09:49 PM
I love lotus flowers, and the glow in the middle is very interesting but I'd like to see a little more detail and contrast there, to compete with the leaves. There is such wonderful sharpness there, it seems a little lost with the low contrast.

Steve Maxson
05-15-2014, 11:34 AM
Hi Sanjeev. The flower is lovely! I like the soft light, the excellent sharpness on the subject, and the comp. I would suggest removing the dark spot on the leaf behind the flower and the light spot above and to the right of the dark one. When I look at the flower, my eye gets pulled away to the two spots. This minor tweak would take this very nice image up another notch or two!