PDA

View Full Version : Fox Kit

Joe Senzatimore
05-07-2014, 10:38 AM
From a den found last year. Didn't produce this spring.

400 ISO f8 at 1/500th

Rachel Hollander
05-07-2014, 07:22 PM
Hi Joe - Nice to see you posting in Wildlife. Definite cute factor to the kit. That's one fuzzy fox kit! Nice detail, light and low pov. It all works for me.

I'd love to see more of your wildlife images and it would also be great if you would add your thoughts to others' images.

TFS,
Rachel

Ian Cassell
05-07-2014, 11:54 PM
Joe, I would love to get some wild fox images. This one is great. Nice expression and light.

Ashleigh Scully
05-08-2014, 06:47 AM
Hi - nice separation from the busy background and great detail in the fur. Did you do any post-processing on this?

Gabriela Plesea
05-08-2014, 03:33 PM
Dear Joe,

The first thought that came to my mind when I viewed this image was "how fragile and vulnerable he is"!

This photograph has the potential to reach out to anyone's heart, and you have captured something really special here. The subject's shiny fur with those longer bits of hair sticking out everywhere, those large eyes that make one wonder whether he is curious about something he has seen or simply scared of being on his own, a branch that makes one imagine he eventually had to leap over for one reason or another - all these elements add a lot of charm to this image and a degree of tenderness, I like it very very much.

I personally feel the BG is a tad too busy and it could do with some NR. Not sure if you could extract a bit more detail on the lower (dark brown) part of the legs/paws? These are my only crits to this lovely image and I congratulate you for capturing something so special, love the pose, the colours, I like the space on the LHS and I am really glad you posted this, thank you!

Kind regards,

Neil Burton
05-09-2014, 02:29 AM
I am sure I just posted a comment and it disappeared. I do like fox shots and despite the BG, sunshine add colour but highlights horrible plants, I do like the colours.