PDA

View Full Version : At last !!

John Robinson
05-07-2014, 06:18 AM
Grasshopper Warbler
Got one at last after all these years ! Whilst trying to do a Reed Bunting !!
Not a ball breaker by any means but its how you se them and it'll do me.
Not done much to the image . About 70% of full frame. These birds are so fast. It suddenly turned up in front of the hide and started scolding. It was a pleasure just to watch a bird I had never seen so close before. Colour a bit of a problem as it was just all dead brown and pale reed stems etc.
Nikon D7100
Nikor 70-300mm
800 ISO
f8 2000 sec
No sharpening or noise reduction.
levels
Thanks for owl pic comments.
Cheers
JohnR

Iain Barker
05-07-2014, 07:21 AM
Well Done John. I like to pose of the bird looking backwards. I've never even been able to see one of these so I know how difficult getting the photo must have been.

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
05-07-2014, 07:54 AM
Congrats John on a fine capture. Well done. I am seeing this species for the first time.

John Robinson
05-07-2014, 08:23 AM
Thanks both. Looking at it again maybe could do with a bit of USM on the head.
Thanks
Johnr

John Robinson
05-07-2014, 04:14 PM
Posted wrong one again.
Unshapened.
Senility creeping in.
Cheers
JohnR

Daniel Cadieux
05-07-2014, 07:01 PM
Congratulations on the sighting John...these moments are one of the many pleasures of bird photography ain't it! You did get it in its preferred habitat so the image has merit despite the busy surroundings. Too bad about the two long oof vertical stems but sometimes these elements are unavoidable in the heat of the moment. I'm seeing a heavy green cast to the image, you can try adding some magentas and a bit of blues to the overall colour balance...

John Robinson
05-08-2014, 06:45 AM
Thanks Daniel
Strange how every shot in the session came out the same colour. All it was taken in was green vegetation low down and dead reed stems etc. Wierd. Colour poroblems are the only faults I can never see. I can't cure them because I cant see them !!
Cheers
John

William Dickson
05-08-2014, 10:57 AM
nice one John :S3: