PDA

View Full Version : Hawaiian Hosta

Jackie Schuknecht
05-06-2014, 07:36 PM
This was an earlier image and I just played around with the colours using exclusion. I liked the result. I did another version and couldn't decide which one I liked best.

Dennis Bishop
05-06-2014, 08:11 PM
Wow. I like what you did. The colors are wonderful and so is the flow of the leaves.

Paul Lagasi
05-06-2014, 10:47 PM
Pretty neat, almost looks like a negative of the image. Colors do attract your attention. Sweet

Anita Bower
05-07-2014, 05:13 AM
Love it! I never thought of using Exclusion. Did you vary the colors using Hue/Saturation? The colors here are marvelous, as is the flow of shapes. Excellent.

Jackie Schuknecht
05-07-2014, 07:31 AM
Love it! I never thought of using Exclusion. Did you vary the colors using Hue/Saturation? The colors here are marvelous, as is the flow of shapes. Excellent.
It was originally an Infrared shot, so I guess exclusion did some funky stuff to the colours. Anita I always find when you convert from TIFF to jpeg, the reds and purples look awful, so in this case I boosted the saturation of the reds to keep them from looking washed out.

Anita Bower
05-07-2014, 08:22 AM
It was originally an Infrared shot, so I guess exclusion did some funky stuff to the colours. Anita I always find when you convert from TIFF to jpeg, the reds and purples look awful, so in this case I boosted the saturation of the reds to keep them from looking washed out.
The infrared might explain the colors that exclusion produced. They are absolutely marvelous. Interesting that I haven't had trouble with reds when converting to jpeg, at least not on my monitor. i don't know what they look like to others.

Nancy Bell
05-07-2014, 12:02 PM
Awesome with inncredible colors! I love that the design and colors completely fill the frame, graceful and swirling as the lines and colors intermingle and flow over & around each other. I think this would make a wonderful pattern for a silk robe!

Diane Miller
05-07-2014, 02:18 PM
Conversion from tiff to JPEG shouldn't change colors at all. What else is going on at the same time. Are you changing the profile? If so, how?

Details of your whole process should lead to a resolution of the problem. Start with the capture --- all the steps in the most simple case.

Mark Fuge
05-08-2014, 07:17 AM
Aloha!

Nice image and application, Jackie.

You should send this to a Hawaiian fabric maker and maybe you could set a new pattern! :5

Judy Howle
05-09-2014, 11:54 PM
Another WOW from me!! I love the vibrant colors and patterns of the leaves. Very creative processing!