PDA

View Full Version : Black Bellied Plover

Adams Serra
05-17-2008, 11:36 AM
This one is from late friday at Little Estero Lagoon.

MKIII
F 8.0
1 /1000
Iso 400
600mm x 2tc
Manual Expossure

All comments are appreciated

Axel Hildebrandt
05-17-2008, 11:43 AM
Great exposure control, details and eye contact. I wish for a bit more room at the bottom and it seems there is a slight S/H halo around the dark plumage. Was it windy when you photographed the bird?

Steve Maxson
05-17-2008, 02:26 PM
I really like the bird, Adams. Nice to see them in breeding plumage. It looks a bit odd that nothing at ground level is in focus - kind of like the bird is surrounded by mist. Is this something you did in post-processing? An interesting effect. I think the bird could stand some CW rotation.

Adams Serra
05-17-2008, 04:45 PM
Great exposure control, details and eye contact. I wish for a bit more room at the bottom and it seems there is a slight S/H halo around the dark plumage. Was it windy when you photographed the bird?
Hey Axel,
Thank you for the comments.There was no wind when i took the picture.

Adams Serra
05-17-2008, 04:55 PM
I really like the bird, Adams. Nice to see them in breeding plumage. It looks a bit odd that nothing at ground level is in focus - kind of like the bird is surrounded by mist. Is this something you did in post-processing? An interesting effect. I think the bird could stand some CW rotation.
Hey Steve,

No post processing. I was laying flat on the mud with the foot of the lens on the ground,the mist look in front of the bird is the OOF mud, i like this dreamy type of image and will be posting more in the next few days.
Thank you for the comments.

Adams

Arthur Morris
05-18-2008, 09:49 AM
Well done. I like the mood, the light, and of course, the perspective. The bird, esp. the legs, are a bit on the ratty side.