PDA

View Full Version : Willow Tit

Kaido Rummel
05-06-2014, 09:28 AM
Hi everybody

My first photos in this forum, so please be gentle (but fair) :) Photos taken in Estonia, this spring.

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3810/13849969143_b01fc9de76_o.jpg

Nikon D7100, Nikkor 300 F4, TC 14, f8.0, ISO 250, 1/500

Daniel Cadieux
05-06-2014, 12:55 PM
Hi Kaido, big welcome to BPN!! Cute little fella you got here, similar to our Black-capped Chickadees on this side of the pond. The subject and perch look fine, well detailed, perhaps a wee bit bright. Good comp. The main concern here is the background which has some distracting elements. Opening up the aperture could have helped blur it more but you would still have large white areas. If this species is as easy to lure via feeder as our chickadees then setting up in front of a better background would certainly be viable. Overall very nice though, and hope to see more from you!

P.S. We only allow one image per thread unless its a re-worked version of the same image reposted for educational purposes, that is the reason I deleted the second image...

Kaido Rummel
05-07-2014, 01:25 AM
Thanks for the comments. I agree about the background, it bothers me also a bit. But as I usually do not set up the scenes and photograph only in nature, the backgrounds are what they are. Sometimes great, sometimes not so much. But I have been thinking about creating a studio with perches and backgrounds, so maybe someday...