PDA

View Full Version : Theme Mother and Son (C)

Glenn Conlan
05-05-2014, 07:20 PM
Shot this a few years ago at San Diego Wild Animal Park. The mother is Kokomo and her new son is Monroe

D300 200-400mm at 260mm
F4
1/125 sec
ISO 200
Monopod

Thanks for your comments

Tobie Schalkwyk
05-05-2014, 11:39 PM
Beautiful, Glenn! Peaceful & passionate as can be. Nice crop too.

Loi Nguyen
05-06-2014, 12:15 AM
Lovely portrait here and you handled the exposure well. Sharpness is great. I find the crop just a tad tight. If you have more room all around, it may be good to explore wider crop. Loi

Rachel Hollander
05-06-2014, 07:17 AM
Hi Glenn - a very nice portrait of mother and child. She posed nicely and portrait was the way to go here. I do wish you had zoomed out slightly to get the top of the head completely in, given a small amount of room behind the mother's head and a little more room on the lhs too. If it were mine I would drop the reds/magentas overall and also the blues on the mom.

Don't hesitate to jump in and post your thoughts about other images. It's the best way to learn and get the most out of BPN while becoming part of the community. We recommend posting comments on at least 3-5 other images each time you post one of your own.

TFS,
Rachel

Ian Cassell
05-06-2014, 08:24 PM
I love this portrait, Glenn. Composition works very well.

Gabriela Plesea
05-07-2014, 11:17 AM
Hello Glenn,

I was going to welcome you to BPN Wildlife but then I noticed you've been around since 2009:S3:. Such tender moment captured and I am very taken with the way the little one clings tightly to his mother - I really enjoyed viewing, image well processed, I do hope you participate more in this forum, in terms of critique I completely agree with Rachel and Loi above.

Kind regards,