PDA

View Full Version : Round-tailed Ground Squirrel Pups

Roy Priest
05-05-2014, 05:49 PM
Found a colony of these not far from my place in AZ. Pups all over the place and very tame. Never seen them here before.
Nikon D4, 500mm, -1/3 EV, 1/2000@F8.0, ISO 400, Handheld out of car window.

Loi Nguyen
05-06-2014, 12:18 AM
so cute, love it. excellent sharpness and detail for both pups. The only thing I wish for is a catch light on the pup on the left. TFS. Loi

Rachel Hollander
05-06-2014, 07:59 AM
Hi Roy - What a great find and image. Sharpness and detail look great. Nice low pov and the comp works well. You should post in Wildlife more often but don't forget to add your thoughts to others' images.

TFS,
Rachel

Ian Cassell
05-06-2014, 08:26 PM
Great catch, Roy! I was shooting them today too at the Desert Botanical Garden in Phoenix. They are cute little guys and your composition works very well.

Steve Kaluski
05-07-2014, 02:08 AM
Hi Roy, I like the composition, but perhaps as an alternative, going for say 16x9 format may also be worth a punt, loosing space above. I would look to opening up the eyes, the detail is there, but the blacks/shadows look a fraction clipped, you'll be surprised in how much you have there. Also adding a mid tone adjustment brings more depth to the sand & rock.

You should post in Wildlife more often but don't forget to add your thoughts to others' images.

Would be great.

TFS
Steve

Andreas Liedmann
05-07-2014, 06:47 AM
Hi Roy great shot with good detail and sharpness a bit mid tone will help for more tonal depth.
TFS Andreas

Gabriela Plesea
05-07-2014, 01:53 PM
Superb capture of these cuties, nice and sharp and the pose is great! Agree with Steve as well as Andreas on mid tones, lovely image indeed, please post more in Wildlife!

Kind regards,