PDA

View Full Version : Bushman's River

Morkel Erasmus
05-05-2014, 02:21 PM
I was cleaning up some old archives and came across images from a road-trip in 2010 which included 2 nights in the Giant's Castle reserve of the Drakensberg region of South Africa. This was taken early one morning as the sun rose and cast an alpenglow on the Giant's Castle peaks. The stream is the Bushman's River which has its origin in the mountains you see in the distance. I wished for some clouds, but alas it was winter and our winters are prone to be marked by clear blue skies.

Techs:
Canon 7D
Canon 10-22mm USM @ 10mm
f11 | ISO-250
Blend of 3 exposures for appropriate representation of the dynamic range

David Stephens
05-06-2014, 04:28 PM
Nice infinity feel here, with the plain sky de-emphasized. Great light and colors on the distant peaks. I might bring the blue of the sky up a notch or two.

Don Railton
05-06-2014, 11:29 PM
Hi Morkel

I like this a lot..! great detail & great country with nice colour on the distant range. Is there a hint of blue in the white water..?

DON

Norm Dulak
05-08-2014, 04:09 PM
This is an interesting image with many good elements. If it were mine, I would consider brightening the foreground a little. There are also little white spots on some of the rocks that I would remove. The glow on the peaks is great, although I agree that the featureless sky does not enhance the image. Adding more color to the sky as David has suggested might be a good idea. :S3:

Andrew McLachlan
05-08-2014, 06:56 PM
Hi Morkel, lovely scene from this region...I remember others you have posted from here...looks like a great place to explore.

Dvir Barkay
05-15-2014, 08:08 AM
Very nice, love the natural way that it looks. Really like the leading line of the river, and the mountains in the back are fantastic.