5D3 & 100mm f/2.8 L Macro
f/11
1/100
ISO 800
Hand held

John Robinson
05-06-2014, 05:30 PM
Hi Sanjeev
Not sure what it is but its a georgeous planf Is it a climber ?
Nice shot. It would have been nice to have a more blurred background and I would tone down the bright spots on the left centre.
Great flower though.
Cheers
JohnR

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
05-07-2014, 02:10 AM
Thanks John, yes it is a climber I found at the Wayanad Hills, Kerala, India. I used a f/11 aperture hence the bit busy BG.

Steve Kaluski
05-07-2014, 08:30 AM
Hi Sanjeev, great to see you diversifying.

Have you tried a square crop loosing some off the top? Drop the highlights/white a little and mask for the centre part in the flowerer, or add a Lumin adj layer and mask will help tone things down. Personally I've found using a tripod with the Macro lens does help as I feel they emphasis any movement. Next time try some shooting wide open, you may like the look. Upping the clarity may also help bring a bit more detail/definition too so the veins stand out, but watch it doesn't go too crunchy.

cheers
Steve

John Robinson
05-07-2014, 10:47 AM
Sanjeev
I should have known the plant being an ex pro in horticulture.!!
Its the Red passion flower but I am not used to seeing them with the petals folded right back !!
Must be getting old !!
Lovely plants they are too.
John

Jonathan Ashton
05-08-2014, 04:16 AM
Nice flower good exposure and focus. The background is a little busy and the OOF flower to the left in particular draws attention from the subject. Now John has said it I realise it is a passion flower, I have them in my garden but they are blue white and yellow and the petals do not fold downwards as is this one.

Steve Maxson
05-15-2014, 11:14 AM
Hi Sanjeev. This is a beautiful flower, nicely exposed, and with good overall sharpness. As noted above, a more blurred background would greatly improve the overall look of this image - otherwise this is quite nicely done!