PDA

View Full Version : Doggy ( Not very wild) (C)

John Robinson
05-04-2014, 06:03 PM
Wild Dog but captive.
Nice things -they chew my tyres- and lick the exhaust.
Done with a d200 but no exif. It would be done at f9 on 800 ISO- my standard setting.
Through glass of course as they are nasty. I shouldn't think any one will look any way.
Cheers
JohnR

Tobie Schalkwyk
05-04-2014, 11:59 PM
Nice clear shot, John! It would have been nice had it looked up into the camera, but they don't always fulfill our wishes, do they? They're quite skittish which makes it kind of safe to be around them. I only react when they come close enough to sniff my elbow sticking out of the car window! :w3

Morkel Erasmus
05-05-2014, 02:10 PM
I love these guys. A pity about the eye contact, John.
Colour wise there's a lot of green and cyan coming through especially in the yellows and blacks. Some tweaking would be worth it. I would also consider adding some sharpening overall.
Curious why your standard setting is f9?

John Robinson
05-05-2014, 04:32 PM
Hi Morkel
Its just a setting I ended up with for no particular reason ( could be f8 ) Its what the camera is set on for my pool stuff.
Will have a look at the colours. I didn't bother too much as not many folks take the trouble with my stuff on this section. I;ll have a play but as I say I am slightly CB !!
Thanks for looking
John
Is that any better ? Think I,ve oversharpened a bit in Bibble. Tried the white colour picker in Bibble too.
Cheers
JohnR

Morkel Erasmus
05-05-2014, 05:09 PM
Colours look much more natural, yes. Sharpening may have been overcooked now, a bit crunchy but you picked up on that and it's easy to pull back.

John Robinson
05-05-2014, 05:16 PM
Thanks Morkel
I'll get there in the end !!
JohnR