Slight crop.
Levels PSP7
On camera flash fill
Thanks for interest in last pic
Cheers
JohnR

Jonathan Ashton
05-04-2014, 05:17 AM
It's a fine shot I would suggest just a little noisy but focus is food as is DOF. Contrast and sharpening are just about at the limit? WDYT?

Steve Maxson
05-04-2014, 01:22 PM
Hi John. A very nice behavioral shot with interesting colors and a clean background. Good job getting all the important parts within the plane of focus. This is a strong image, but IMO a few tweaks would make it even better. I would agree with Jon that the sharpening looks just a bit overdone - you might back it off a little and see if that is an improvement. Also, some nr on the background would help to smooth it out. I would wish that the tip of the petal in the LRC wasn't clipped by the frame and there is a sensor dust spot just left of where the two sets of wings intersect. You might also consider cropping a small amount from the left side. These minor adjustments should put this one over the top!

John Robinson
05-04-2014, 03:00 PM
Thanks both.
Apart from the cropping etc I know what the problem is . When I down sized I used bicubic instead of linear. Thats what makes itlook like it does. I do this all the time . I forget to check the settings after doing other stuff. Will sort it shortly. Round in circles at the moment.
Tnaks
JohnR

John Robinson
05-04-2014, 04:01 PM
Reposted with dust spots removed and bluebell stem and flower tip created. Don't like doing too much of that sort of thing but a good excercise I suppose. Just noticed the large pale halo above the insects !! No body mentioned itso I,ve left it. Ihad downsized with the "upsize" setting (Bicubic) That was the problem . It gives a terrible effect of over sharpening . In fact there is no sharpening on this at all
Cheers
johnr

Steve Maxson
05-04-2014, 04:23 PM
Much better! Interesting that the light halo at the top, that you mentioned, wasn't evident in the original post. I would suggest toning it down. You have a winner here!

Jonathan Ashton
05-05-2014, 08:58 AM
Super shot John - well done.

Diane Miller
05-10-2014, 09:52 PM
This is simply gorgeous, as usual! I really like the little bit of added canvas on the right -- good job!