PDA

View Full Version : JUNE THEME AND APRIL THEME WINNERS

Rachel Hollander
05-03-2014, 09:33 AM
Hi Everyone,

We hope you are busy shooting for May's Theme "Captive." Anything goes within the normal Wildlife Forum rules.

As always, please use the "Theme" prefix from the dropdown menu. Theme images will be critiqued just like other images and are eligible for IOTW honors.

We are also thrilled to announce the winners of April's theme "B&W/Toned Images." Our special guest judge for April was Peter Kes. Thanks Peter! Bragging rights go to:

1st Place: Marc Mol, "Just a Walk in the Park" http://www.birdphotographers.net/forums/showthread.php/119433-Theme-Just-a-walk-in-the-park

2nd Place: Gabriela Plesea, "(C) Iguana" http://www.birdphotographers.net/forums/showthread.php/119369-(C)-Iguana

3rd Place: Loi Nguyen, "Nale Lion- Duba Plains" http://www.birdphotographers.net/forums/showthread.php/119363

Congrats to Marc, Gabriela and Loi.

We're looking forward to everyone's Captive images in May. Finally, we're pleased to announce that the June Theme will be "Animalscapes." Forum rules still apply.

Rachel, Steve and Morkel

Marc Mol
05-03-2014, 09:54 AM
Many thanks guys, well done Gab & Loi, special thanks to Peter also.

Cheers
Marc

Gabriela Plesea
05-03-2014, 11:51 AM
Thank you dear Rachel, Steve, Morkel and Peter - really appreciate it!

Congratulations Marc and Loi!

And again, thank you mods as well as BPN friends for your help and guidance - it means a lot to me.

Wishing you all a sunny week-end,

Loi Nguyen
05-03-2014, 01:09 PM
Many thanks for selecting my image as the 3rd place winner. This is the first time I ventured into B&W and learned a lot in the process. Special thanks to the Wildlife mods, Steve, Morkel, and Rachel for encouraging us to go outside our comfort zone with the theme every month. I'm so excited to hear the June theme is "Animalscape!" Loi

Tobie Schalkwyk
05-06-2014, 12:14 AM
Well done guys! There were a lot of great entries for the month so it was well deserved! :cheers:

Ashleigh Scully
05-08-2014, 06:44 AM
Hi Im sorry, what's an animalscape?

Rachel Hollander
05-08-2014, 05:19 PM
Hi Ashleigh - animalscapes are crosses between wildlife images and landscape images, shot wider, small in frame animal or group of animals with some of the habitat included. Hope that helps.

Rachel

Tobie Schalkwyk
05-13-2014, 02:55 AM
Hi Ashleigh - animalscapes are crosses between wildlife images and landscape images, shot wider, small in frame animal or group of animals with some of the habitat included. Hope that helps.

Rachel

Thanks for clearing that up - I had some King Kong scene in mind! :t3

Andreas Liedmann
05-19-2014, 02:08 PM
Hi Marc , Gabriela and Loi congrats to your awards , good job all three of you .

Regards Andreas

shane shacaluga
06-30-2014, 07:13 AM
Hi All

I posted an animal scene in the Landscape forum and did not realise there was a theme for that in particular

Should i post the same pic here or anyway it can be considered for the competition?

Thanks

Rachel Hollander
06-30-2014, 10:20 AM
Shane - to be eligible it has to be posted in Wildlife so if you want it to be considered go ahead and repost it in the Wildlife Forum. It will be interesting to see if you get different feedback from those looking at it as a wildlife image as opposed to a landscape image. Although strictly speaking I'm not sure that the landscape shown (the port) is the habitat of the monkey in the image :S3:.

Rachel

shane shacaluga
06-30-2014, 04:07 PM
Thanks Rachel,

you would be surprised where you can find these macaques in Gibraltar. There was one in my parents balcony last week :)

I will post later and see if the comments are similar

regards